Notices

Downloaded FLV succesfully using Zoutube.. but it doenst show up in the media player under clips.. I can play the file from file manager if i select media player as application to open with..

any fix?

Posts: 296 | Thanked: 111 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Manchester
Nice app zahreem,
I download a youtube clip but they always seem to some in low quality, any fix?

Also, how is the bbc iplayer coming along?

N900 APP REVIEW SITE IS NOW LIVE
http://maemoappreviews.blogspot.com/

Posts: 1,589 | Thanked: 720 times | Joined on Aug 2009 @ Arlington (DFW), Texas
Its okay to watch the low quality vids, but the quality is just bad. Way worse than what most S60 users are used to. We've enjoyed better quality using Mobitubia and EmTube/VideoHub for years. I myself expect better experience than the iPhone or S60. We have this beautifully equippe media player. Let's see some MP4 HQ videos. The current browser experience matches this at the moment.

Posts: 30 | Thanked: 19 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Singapore
Dear zaheerm, I refer to the YouTube demo of your app.

Quoting myself,

IMO, downloading should be contained within the GUI of the player, not done in the browser!

GUI can also be better if searching results were displayed in a list with two columns:

The left contains the thumbnails.
The right contains ratings, channel info, and condensed video info.

Hope there will be log in function too.

2cents from a YouTuber.
I'm just wondering if my opinion was heard.

Cheers.

Posts: 168 | Thanked: 265 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ London, UK
Originally Posted by LouisLoh View Post
Dear zaheerm, I refer to the YouTube demo of your app.

Quoting myself,

I'm just wondering if my opinion was heard.

Cheers.
It was heard, please file those request at the bugtracker at http://github.com/zaheerm/zoutube so I don't forget but all are valid and I have already thought of ways to solve these.

The Following User Says Thank You to zaheerm For This Useful Post:
Could you add a button to watch clips in a better quality (maybe store the setting)?

Posts: 168 | Thanked: 265 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ London, UK
Originally Posted by DaSilva View Post
Could you add a button to watch clips in a better quality (maybe store the setting)?
There is but it depends on the video. Most videos seem to be stored in one quality only, I have only enabled 2 qualities as I need to do testing on the others to see if they will play fine on the n900.

Posts: 37 | Thanked: 2 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ South-West UK
I found an issue this morning; probably of my own doing, but thought I'd report it...
I left my N900 running Zoutube playing a vid (probs about 30mins long) of some classical music to help me sleep. It worked, but when I woke up in the morning the application had hung- no controls on the touchscreen worked, unlocking/locking using the flicker didn't help, and pressing the power button wouldn't bring up the usual menu, although sliding the keyboard did illuminate the keys, so it was sort of still alive. Reboot was required to get it running again properly.

I know, I probably shouldn't have fallen asleep and left the app open for like 8 hours, but thought it worth a mention at least!

Just a suggestion.

The seek bar is quite large... Either have a smaller one or let it fade into the background after a few seconds of playback. This will allow fullscreen mode to use more of the screen real estate.

Thanks for the great app and all your hard work.

The Following User Says Thank You to TooMuchMoney For This Useful Post:
Posts: 295 | Thanked: 73 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Manchester, UK
hi guys,
it might be just me havin this problem but i can't download videos anymore. since i upgraded the zoutube app, everytime i click on download video nothing happens? its just idle?
can anyone help? really enjoyed this app, especially in gym when they play stupid music vids on t.v

Tags
youtube