Active Topics

Notices

ughh does any body know when FRING will be released for the n900....pidgin is ok but it just dosent cut it...omggg i cant wait any longer lol this is rough

you can try the beta of fring in extras-devel.. its ok if working.. but freeze a lot atm. i hope the official one is not like this one. i still use pidgin and enjoys it.. but still waiting for facebook...

Posts: 32 | Thanked: 9 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Norway
Originally Posted by ryuran View Post
you can try the beta of fring in extras-devel..
BUT remember installing applications from extras-devel may cause serious problems for your N900. If you do try it remember to disable extras-devel as soon as it is installed.

Originally Posted by ryuran View Post
its ok if working.. but freeze a lot atm. i hope the official one is not like this one. i still use pidgin and enjoys it.. but still waiting for facebook...
I was unable to use it because the font is tiny ! Haven't found a bug page yet to complain - possibly its too early to start sending in bug reports or perhaps bug.maemo.org should be used ?

I had the same problem with the tiny font and removed it. After that found this post
Fring for Nokia N900 / Maemo 5
and after installing it again and restarting it after the installation everything was back to normal

The Following User Says Thank You to thecreep For This Useful Post:
just installed this, not bad but did have issues with closing without loggin in. but works ok

looks like it installs everything in rootfs

uninstalled it. too buggy, cant even resume chat after window is closed (msn)

Last edited by Ronaldo; 2010-02-22 at 18:47.

Does it support video calls like the S60 5th ed does?

Unfortunately there is no video call