Active Topics

Closed Thread
Originally Posted by Insead View Post
On my iPhone I download torrents at the command-line level (./gettorrent, etc) , switch between applications using Kilkari or whatever the app is called, I play games like Dungeon Hunter, Alive4Ever, Civilization, etc with graphics and gameplay that the N900 is a million light years behind.
You must have fun waiting for the developers to re-jailbreak the device every time Apple does a update. I did consider the iPhone (well iPod Touch for the first time around when it was iPod Touch vs the n800 in 2007) and then the iPhone 3GS vs the N900. Both times the Apple devices lost both rounds for several reasons. One of them being having to sit in a back and forth battle between Apple and the jailbreakers.

"Meamo!" sounds like what Zorro would say to catherine zeta jones... after she slaps him for looking at her dirtily...

iPhone user here. I picked up the 3G on launch day and I've been relatively happy with it... after jailbreak, of course. It's a good device for most people out there, and I think it's plain stupid for a lot of the people here to bash the iPhone for being what it is. It's a contract phone that is beginning to dominate a contract-saturated market. Having said that, I would just get more and more frustrated by the closed-market, controlled environment that the iPhone is. Jailbreaking shouldn't be necessary. It can slow a device down and is a complete ***** to keep up with update after update. Cydia is a terribly slow and convoluted way to install new apps.

I'm done trying to dance my way around Apple to use my phone how I want. I'm getting the N900 because it can do whatever I want it to. There are few apps on the iPhone that I consider truly necessary, and the N900 replicates every bit of functionality I need from the iPhone and more.

To each his own. I'm liking my iPhone less and less each day, and personally can't wait to get the N900. And hey, I can sell this iPhone unlocked for $350 and pay for a brand new Google Nexus One when it ships as well

just love the bashing on both sides.... criticizing a phone is like an insult to a family member. i need to get a life....

i kind of find it ironic how some users are somewhat insulting about hacking/jailbreaking a phone or operating system.. its funny to what excuses people can make about their phones or others. reads like a bunch of hypocrites

a phone is a phone.....to each their own. you wold have thought the world had gone mad?

please forgive me, i dont have an iphone or n900. im just trolling to see what phone i want next but cant afford.

Posts: 270 | Thanked: 303 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Serbia, Belgrade
To all users who participate in this kind of threads:
I don't get where you find your strength to write about who's right and who's wrong.
I don't get how you can't see that your opinion is not same as other opinions.

I can see that you just filled 13 pages of thread with no point.
I would love to see this part of community wasting this kind of energy on something that could really be useful, like app, widget or even constructive talk...

To the guy who started this thread, please ignore comments and sell or use your phone.
To the moderators, please lock this kind of threads because we have more of them than really useful ones.
Thank you.
Now put a smile on your faces and move on.

Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
Originally Posted by kopte3 View Post
To all users who participate in this kind of threads:
I don't get where you find your strength to write about who's right and who's wrong.
I don't get how you can't see that your opinion is not same as other opinions.

I can see that you just filled 13 pages of thread with no point.
I would love to see this part of community wasting this kind of energy on something that could really be useful, like app, widget or even constructive talk...

To the guy who started this thread, please ignore comments and sell or use your phone.
To the moderators, please lock this kind of threads because we have more of them than really useful ones.
Thank you.
Now put a smile on your faces and move on.
The device is sold assuming I hear back from the buyer tomorrow.

I find your post to be most 'offensive' of them all actually. Everyone have a right to be as passionate as they want about a gadget. You slamming people for posting here - and then posting yourself is rather ironic.

Bolding choice-pats of sentences asking me to do this and moderators to do that - in bold text - is really coming across as very abraisive and holier-than-thou.

Posts: 101 | Thanked: 129 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Los Angeles, CA
Insead Whatever,

kopte3 is just trying to direct the community to the right way, does not mean you are correct.

Now since you have sold your N900, just go ready to collect your money and enjoy Christmas ski-trip.

Banned | Posts: 291 | Thanked: 60 times | Joined on Dec 2009
I agree with your post 100%. I got my Nokia N 900 and amazingly enough I can not get my work email on MfE, while it works flawlessly on my iphone3gs. I was hoping for more, but truly dismayed by Nokias inability to produce a solid software device

Hello 4 all
is n900 still for sell?
if yes pls send price u want to nasralquds(at) gmail
if no
I hope that any one know seller have n900 can forward my Email to him

thank u very much 4 all

I registered especially to post this

Nasr Alshazly

Egypt - Cairo

Banned | Posts: 291 | Thanked: 60 times | Joined on Dec 2009
I agree with your post 100%. I got my Nokia N 900 and amazingly enough I can not get my work email on MfE, while it works flawlessly on my iphone3gs. I was hoping for more, but truly dismayed by Nokias inability to produce a solid software device

Posts: 3,664 | Thanked: 1,530 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Hamilton, New Zealand
kik nice one joshua :P

men!! can we all get a long for once its frigging close to Xmas stop fighting like a bunch of little kids.

United people United.. Who would give a damn about how good the Iphone 3GS is to N900. We are here because we love Maemo So give the love to Maemo and N900 please.

let him sell it and so he can get away from here. please. We dont want any bad credit among the Iphone Fanboys. We want to co-exist, yea?

Closed Thread