Closed Thread
Posts: 30 | Thanked: 19 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Singapore
How many of the iPhone bashers here have actually used a Jailbroken iPhone?

Instead of addressing the issues the OP is pointing out concerning the phone, all of you chose to attack what, his father-son relationship, his fanboyism?

If they are existing issues (Exchange email, poor GUI), it certainly doesn't help if you hurl abuses of 'FANBOY' at the OP, rather than pay attention to the problems, just because of your presumptions of the OP.

If this is the kind of close-mindedness the forum encourages (i.e. no comparisons with iPhone/Android, no pointing out of shortcomings of N900 compared to iPhone/Android), I'd figure even the most open of platforms (i.e. Maemo) would do little to ameliorate this 'closed-ness'.

The first step towards improvement is always reflection. And to reflect, you often need to compare yourself against the norms, the standards. If you avoid comparisons, your reflections may be unguided (leading to wrong directions when it comes to upgrades as you don't know what people expect of you compared to other phones).

Seriously, what does it make of you if you call the OP a troll and you yourself contributed less than the OP, at least he shared his perspective (i.e that of a user of both the iPhone (JB) and N900).

That said, it doesn't necessitate that I concur with the OP, or his tone, but the least I would do is:

1. Acknowledge his points
2. Feedback on his tone

and NOT

1. 'Your father wasted money'
2. 'You're a fanboy'

Last edited by LouisLoh; 2009-12-15 at 06:26.

Posts: 306 | Thanked: 350 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Sydney
I'm sorry, but anyone that starts a thread titled "The N900/maemo feels like a Dinosaur" on a N900/Maemo forum is trolling.

If it was thread titled "The N900/maemo feels like a Chameleon" that would be another story, because it's true. You can customize it any way you want it. The iPhone? I don't think so.

Posts: 30 | Thanked: 19 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Singapore
Originally Posted by H3llb0und View Post
I'm sorry, but anyone that starts a thread titled "The N900/maemo feels like a Dinosaur" on a N900/Maemo forum is trolling.

If it was thread titled "The N900/maemo feels like a Chameleon" that would be another story, because it's true. You can customize it any way you want it. The iPhone? I don't think so.
And we should completely dismiss (or ignore) his valid (or invalid) points on N900's shortcomings just because the title insinuates trolling, and start to comment on his 'troll-like' behavior?

Again, what does that make of you?

Posts: 1,359 | Thanked: 717 times | Joined on May 2009 @ ...standing right behind you...
Originally Posted by H3llb0und View Post

I think the thing is, and this runs through this entire thread, that that - is your opinion. His is obviously not the same. Differing is not trolling.

The ignorance and close-mindedness that so many have shown here is the real failure.
AutoScan, Diablo5 Theme, Dialcentral, DragLock, EmelFM2, FlipClock, gPodder, Headphoned, Knots 2, Maemo Mapper, mPlayer, openNTPD, OpenSSH, Panucci, Personal Launcher, QuickNote, Seqretary, SlideLock, Telescope, YellowNotes

Posts: 3,664 | Thanked: 1,530 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Hamilton, New Zealand
Enough is enough of this MotherF***king useless bashing on this motherf***king thread. Just let the guy selling his thing okay, buddies! we all are different, we have our differences and different perspective views. We all allowed to choose what ever we want to use, Iphone3GS is good but so is N900. Both device is unique to its very own way. Iphone = A PHONE. N900 = Mobile Tablet. So get over it. Anyone preferred the Iphone then they can, For me I worked with APPLE products every frigging day and I choose to go with Nokia N900. Not that I don't like the Iphone but I just can't stand its closed OS. The only two things I like about Iphone are the slim simple design and the Multi-touch. Feature wise I would take the N900 anyday. My bloody N900 is coming right now. Been waiting for that thing for months and finally it shipped. So who ever did not appreciate the device is completely up to them. I know that I would love the N900 just like Pamela Anderson fake Tits

Last edited by maxximuscool; 2009-12-15 at 06:50.

Posts: 11,700 | Thanked: 10,045 times | Joined on Jun 2006 @ North Texas, USA
...and we have now fulfilled the current drama quota. Time to move on...

Originally Posted by Megacrazy View Post
True but the iPhone took the market by storm and changed the entire industry. People have known about the N900 and Maemo for quite a while and I don't see any large companies expressing interest developing anything for the platform. What's in the works to be excited about? As a matter of fact, what was ever available for maemo4?...3?...2?
No, the iPhone had very little market success (but great marketing success) until the 3G. Recall when the iPhone was first released, there was no App Store. It was $600. Few people bought it, although lots of people talked about it.

With the App Store and a $400 subsidy, it's sold like hotcakes.

So, compared to the iPhone at the same point in its lifecycle, I'd say N900 is doing pretty damn well. It's cheaper, and it's got far more than zero applications.

Give the N900's successor a $400 subsidy next year (That's a sub-$200 US retail price for those of you keeping track), I dare say it might sell pretty darn well.

Posts: 3,664 | Thanked: 1,530 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Hamilton, New Zealand
Originally Posted by wierdo View Post
No, the iPhone had very little market success (but great marketing success) until the 3G. Recall when the iPhone was first released, there was no App Store. It was $600. Few people bought it, although lots of people talked about it.

With the App Store and a $400 subsidy, it's sold like hotcakes.

So, compared to the iPhone at the same point in its lifecycle, I'd say N900 is doing pretty damn well. It's cheaper, and it's got far more than zero applications.

Give the N900's successor a $400 subsidy next year (That's a sub-$200 US retail price for those of you keeping track), I dare say it might sell pretty darn well.
Agreed man. But seriously I got mine from Amazon for 480USD lol.. And I dont want the subsidised stuff. I want to be free. Anyway can we somehow close this thread down? seem to be too much hates going on here

Gimme your Iphone 3GS 32G and all of urs N900. Lol I'd love them all. if its free of cause.

Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
This thread is on both sides offensive.

Posts: 3,159 | Thanked: 2,023 times | Joined on Feb 2008 @ Finland
Originally Posted by gerbick View Post
This thread is on both sides offensive.
I don't like the tone of post n900 itt (sorry, i meant tmo) at all.

either my memory is slowly formatting or then everything was better when n900 was only a speculation about n820 in internettablettalk.

it is shame that as wonderful device as n900 is, it has brought a way different tone to conversations. a hell lot of aggression in the air and I don't like it at all.
If the link doesn't help, just use
Google Custom Search

Closed Thread