I am currently benchmarking a big Qt application on the N900. Unfortunately, the results are useless because the swap come randomly in the way of the benchmarks.

By default, there are lots of background services taking all the ram available (modest, browser, image-viewer, etc) . For development, I obviously don't want those applications to come in the way.

How can I disable those services for the time of development? When killed, they are restarted by Maemo-launcher.

Posts: 4,274 | Thanked: 5,358 times | Joined on Sep 2007 @ Looking at y'all and sighing
Go to /usr/share/applications/hildon, open the desktop file corresponding to the app always in the background, and remove the "X-Maemo-Prestarted" and "X-Maemo-Prestarted-Priority" lines.

Oh, and "dsmetool -k <path to program>/program [without .launch]" will kill a program started in this manner. E.g. "dsmetool -k /usr/bin/hildon-desktop". Use "-t" to start that program up again.

Last edited by qwerty12; 2009-12-17 at 08:40.

The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to qwerty12 For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by qwerty12 View Post
Go to /usr/share/applications/hildon, open the desktop corresponding to the app always in the background, and remove the "X-Maemo-Prestarted" and "X-Maemo-Prestarted-Priority" lines.
Thank you very much! That saves more than 60mb of memory