Active Topics

Notices

You can quit pressing the back button to open the menu then select quit, press the d-pad button and press the back button again.

It's really hard for me to turn using the screen.
Is there a way to config the turn_left and turn_right keys?
I have set them on the config file but it seems to ignore the setting.

EDIT:
I was able to do it!
You need to have both keys for it to work even if one of them is empty.
So in order to solve it...
replace this: turn_left "p"
with this: turn_left "p" ""

Anyone know what is the key name I have to write to map shift or ctrl?

EDIT:
Nevermind this last question... I'm using another key.
Everything solved now!

Last edited by sisto; 2009-12-16 at 15:34.

hey, im having a few small problems, im installing it on the N900, and all other games ive tried for n8xx have worked fine and im pretty sure this will once i can find out what i need to do anyway,

problem is that the media/mmc1/ is "full" now ive got like 22gb of lovely free space on my internal memory, now i cant get the game to run because i need the cfg but once ive copied the 2 files over i dont have room for the cfg and without the 2 files i cant update to get the config, so is there a somewhere i can just download and copy to my device, and also is there a way to make the program look in for instance "/home/user/MyDocs/sw/" instead of the default directory,

i just cant seem to find the file that has the paths in it. and for the mmc1 being full is because stratagus is there and i had the same problem but i really dont want to delete stratagus for 5mins to update sw, even so i still have the directory problems.

thanks in advance.

EDIT:tried to set up a symlink from the /mmc1/share/sw/ to another location, no joy, wasnt convinced it would work this way anyway...

Last edited by xFinal; 2010-03-06 at 22:32.

is it possibel to have the share ware version in the download catalogues?

Originally Posted by xFinal View Post
hey, im having a few small problems, im installing it on the N900, and all other games ive tried for n8xx have worked fine and im pretty sure this will once i can find out what i need to do anyway,

problem is that the media/mmc1/ is "full" now ive got like 22gb of lovely free space on my internal memory, now i cant get the game to run because i need the cfg but once ive copied the 2 files over i dont have room for the cfg and without the 2 files i cant update to get the config, so is there a somewhere i can just download and copy to my device, and also is there a way to make the program look in for instance "/home/user/MyDocs/sw/" instead of the default directory,

i just cant seem to find the file that has the paths in it. and for the mmc1 being full is because stratagus is there and i had the same problem but i really dont want to delete stratagus for 5mins to update sw, even so i still have the directory problems.

thanks in advance.

EDIT:tried to set up a symlink from the /mmc1/share/sw/ to another location, no joy, wasnt convinced it would work this way anyway...
You really should stay away from os2008 games, they aren't meant to be used on n900. Codebase of this port is way too buggy anyways. But if I remember correctly, you can edit the startup script if you want to change the path. Or just cd into the directory you have the data file in and run the binary.

i know i know lol, it all seems quite similar so i thought what the heck, got a few other os2008 games running fine atm.

anyway, another problem popping up now lol, cant launch sw from my chosen directory since duke3d is already installed and launches that instead, and at this moment in time it doesnt want to be removed.

so, i went to edit the startup script changed the path and clicked save, insufficent disk space problem again, and it refused to save but instead wiped it out completely....lol

now the disk space is bugging the hell out of me, so i deleted unnesccary files within stratagus to free some spaces (multiplayer maps,) still pops up with insufficent disk space...

so it stumped me there, so i thought id try something else just to be 100% sure it is disk space, so i installed hexen2 no problem whatsoever was even able to put the files in /media/mmc1/ and runs perfect. so went back to SW ..hitting the same wall, and im puzzeled as to why no space for sw, yet plenty for hexen =\

i know its os2008 based and all that, but others work so im sure i can eventually get this working to.

i know i know lol, it all seems quite similar so i thought what the heck, got a few other os2008 games running fine atm.

anyway, another problem popping up now lol, cant launch sw from my chosen directory since duke3d is already installed and launches that instead, and at this moment in time it doesnt want to be removed.

so, i went to edit the startup script changed the path and clicked save, insufficent disk space problem again, and it refused to save but instead wiped it out completely....lol

now the disk space is bugging the hell out of me, so i deleted unnesccary files within stratagus to free some spaces (multiplayer maps,) still pops up with insufficent disk space...

so it stumped me there, so i thought id try something else just to be 100% sure it is disk space, so i installed hexen2 no problem whatsoever was even able to put the files in /media/mmc1/ and runs perfect. so went back to SW ..hitting the same wall, and im puzzeled as to why no space for sw, yet plenty for hexen =\

i know its os2008 based and all that, but others work so im sure i can eventually get this working to.
I'll check if I can repackage it so that it doesn't use rootfs and searches for the files from MyDocs.

EDIT: shadowwarrior_1.2-0maemo1_armel.deb

Connect your N900 with the usb-cable, create a directory called shadowwarrior and copy sw.grp there. Since it's buggy and there's no escape key, I don't recommend anyone to install it.

Last edited by ukki; 2010-03-07 at 12:52.

cheers matey, much appricated, and if i wasnt prepared for the consequences i wouldnt of attempted lol, but i cant resist tinkering and around , well cleared my cache out and a few other things so space is back, atleast now i can get back into app manager and remove a few space hungry apps.

with this new deb file, do i need to copy the sw.cfg from my sw on the pc or copy the 2 files and try to update? id manage since the directory path is just changed a update would run no problem.

cheers matey, much appricated, and if i wasnt prepared for the consequences i wouldnt of attempted lol, but i cant resist tinkering and around , well cleared my cache out and a few other things so space is back, atleast now i can get back into app manager and remove a few space hungry apps.

with this new deb file, do i need to copy the sw.cfg from my sw on the pc or copy the 2 files and try to update? id manage since the directory path is just changed a update would run no problem.
You don't need to copy anything by hand, startup script will copy it to MyDocs/shadowwarrior and you can edit that with a text editor if you want to change controls. And I optified it so it shouldn't take much space from your rootfs. After you close it, make sure it's actually killed by running "killall shadowwarriorbin" in terminal. Use w and s in menu instead of arrows.

Last edited by ukki; 2010-03-07 at 13:13.

The Following User Says Thank You to ukki For This Useful Post:
sweet, ill give it a try a now, see what i get

EDIT: right at the moment im struggling to remove the original i installed, app manager cant uninstall anything atm, so im gonna browse around see if i can find what the cause is.

Last edited by xFinal; 2010-03-07 at 13:15.

Posts: 162 | Thanked: 42 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Finland
sweet, ill give it a try a now, see what i get

EDIT: right at the moment im struggling to remove the original i installed, app manager cant uninstall anything atm, so im gonna browse around see if i can find what the cause is.
you can uninstall it in the terminal by:
sudo gainroot
dpkg -r shadowwarrior

The Following User Says Thank You to Heman1310 For This Useful Post: