Notices

Posts: 221 | Thanked: 51 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Germany
Originally Posted by ewan View Post
Judging by this post earlier in the thread it appears that the new rdesktop doesn't understand the syntax for non-standard ports and tries to resolve the whole thing as a hostname. With a server on the usual port 3389 it works very nicely though.
Indeed - we changed the ports back to default, opened the port on the ff again - here we go. Changed back - nothing...

There are a chance for a VNC Server on N900 ? So if my freind can't configure his N900 I will can help him

Posts: 3,617 | Thanked: 2,412 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Cambridge, UK
Originally Posted by soleil View Post
There are a chance for a VNC Server on N900 ? So if my freind can't configure his N900 I will can help him
There's already x11vnc in one of the extras repositories.

Anyone using cli to connect having issues with strange lines appearing on screen refreshes and having text show up really wierdly, and is there any way to fix that? The rdesktop on N810 should be pretty much the same and doesn't exhibit this behavior, wonder what's up.

For those of you who think typing in your information each time is a hassle, I think there's basically 3 ways to quickly be able to connect using the cli.

1) If you don't use xterminal often, pushing up will show history of what you typed (apparently there's a bug that makes it so it doesn't save history if you use the right top X to quit, but if you use the "exit" command to quit it'll save the history... regardless, the default history list only shows the last 15 items or so, so if it doesn't show up it probably just went out of buffer)

2) Set up an alias with .profile with a command to connect to your server, works out pretty well if you have multiple machines you connect to regularly. Instructions for aliases is here, just replace "ssh etc etc" with the rdesktop-cli commands: http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=6161

3) Set up a .desktop shortcut. This is probably useful in that you can make it show up on your desktop, just tap it and it'll connect to the remote machine. Following the instructions at:
http://talk.maemo.org/showpost.php?p=409122&postcount=3
and
http://talk.maemo.org/showpost.php?p...0&postcount=26

I ended up with a .desktop file that looks something like

Code:
[Desktop Entry]
Encoding=UTF-8
Version=0.1
Type=Application
Terminal=true
Name=RDP Home1
Exec=/usr/bin/osso-xterm "rdesktop-cli -f -u UserName -p Password -a 16 -r disk:N900=/home/user/MyDocs -r sound:remote -0 xxx.xx.xxx.xx:####"
Icon=rdpicon
X-Osso-Type=application/x-executable
the -a and -r commands are extra stuff you don't really need, but I find useful (16 bit color, setting up the N900 MyDocs as a drive during the remote session, and playing sound on the remote machine)

Anyways, this is just a quickfix for those of you who use a different port and want to be able to connect to RDP without all the hassles of typing in your full information every time (even given the security risks of having your login information in plaintext), it would be best if the people in charge of rdesktop would fix the custom port bug and maybe even have the saved login profiles that PyRdesktop had.

Last edited by IcyAirs; 2009-12-16 at 21:25.

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to IcyAirs For This Useful Post:
what client or how do i use this? is it compatible with tightvnc?

dont worry i got it working with tightvnc but its real basic? how come i cant see my tskbar? does it have file transfer or anything?

Posts: 221 | Thanked: 51 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Germany
Originally Posted by IcyAirs View Post
Anyways, this is just a quickfix for those of you who use a different port and want to be able to connect to RDP without all the hassles of typing in your full information every time
Great - thank you very, very much!

Hi, i recently started using rdesktop-cli a few days ago, and everything worked fine.
but now, starting today. My keyboard wont work on the remote desktop, but the mouse input still works. none of my settings changed.
Is anyone able to help me?

anyone knows how to do right click?

Posts: 251 | Thanked: 131 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ USA
Originally Posted by asidana View Post
anyone knows how to do right click?
With rdesktop 1.7, push 'Ctrl' twice.

-jkq
Agro ... : [***-------] Relic(s) : N900

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to jkq For This Useful Post: