Active Topics

Hi All
I got my N900 yesterday and so far love it, I have now divorced the iPhone.

I do seem to have a problem though, in the intial setup as there was not an option to choose Australia, I think this this is effecting the country calling code for skype, ie I have had to change all my contacts to +61..... to call with skype, I guess this is not a huge problem but is a pain in the a..e when you want to quickly dial a number.
2 questions is this the same for all countries or can you dial the dial the local number if you say were in Uk and dialed the full number without the country code.

so if you dont have to add the country code in those countries, how do i set up for australia?

Thanks Guys

Martin
Darwin AU

Posts: 470 | Thanked: 173 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Melb
you should really have searched this, as i asked thsi exact question yesterday

but i'm curious as to how you've gotten 3g to work, i'm with virgin, and they don't even have the settings for the phone, so i don't know how to connect to 3g!!

thanks

How did you get a N900 in Australia? When I asked Nokia they answered me that they won't release it here...

Posts: 3,664 | Thanked: 1,530 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Hamilton, New Zealand
@DaSilva,

You're insane bro, google search, there are a bunch of parallel importers who importing N900 to AUS and NZ. I think he bought from USA import it through Shipito.com lol.

NZ is $1173 with 1 year warrenty

I know how to do it. I have imported my N900 to Australia with priceusa.com.au for 700AUD but I still have to wait for it so I was wondering where you have ordered it to receive it so early.

I've mentioned this in like 5 different threads now, but you change the region to Australia through Settings > Date and Time > Time Zone. I don't know if that will affect your phone number issue, but I haven't had any problems with them.

I'm with 3 and their 3g connection works fine. I had to search for the correct settings which I found here: http://forums.whirlpool.net.au/forum...9361#r12649361

Try googling Virgin 3g settings Australia and see what comes up.

Posts: 3,664 | Thanked: 1,530 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Hamilton, New Zealand
@ DaSilva,
He ordered earlier in October. So he got it earlier too. I am getting mine. Its arrived at my relative yesterday and today its over the Pacific Ocean somewhere. Hope it landing tomorrow and sort for delivery, and Friday afternoon get it

I'm with Virgin. No problems with 3G. Runs blazingly fast actually. They run off the optus backbone.

Edit: When getting the settings from Virgin I just selected the N95. Most settings for phones are pretty standard.

Posts: 93 | Thanked: 30 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Sydney, Australia
Originally Posted by DaSilva View Post
I know how to do it. I have imported my N900 to Australia with priceusa.com.au for 700AUD but I still have to wait for it so I was wondering where you have ordered it to receive it so early.
I received my N900 here in Sydney on 4th December. I ordered through Amazon and shipped it via Bongo International. Cost me $630AUD.

you had to put in the 3g settings? im with optus, it seems to be working, just bad reception.

i brought mine off ebay for $1000. feel kinda stupid now, you all got it alot cheaper. i just didnt wanna wait any longer

btw where do you go to put in these settings?