Active Topics

Notices

Posts: 1,589 | Thanked: 720 times | Joined on Aug 2009 @ Arlington (DFW), Texas
Originally Posted by cBeam View Post
I just got the update of Dialcentral on my N900 and it works again!

N900 + DialCentral + [google voice] + [Gizmo5 sipphone] = free calls to any land line across the US using WiFi!
That is possible without DC. The real bonus is SMS.

Posts: 1,684 | Thanked: 1,562 times | Joined on Jun 2008 @ Austin, TX
Originally Posted by thommy View Post
It would be quite frustrating to have gone through all of the trouble of programming and setting up a server and, at the same time, making the client setup process more convoluted, to have Google then release an API. But who knows if they'll even ever release one.
And, just for clarification, GVMax doesn't poll -- the server responds when it receives an email that was pushed by GV and then forwarded via a filter to the server.
GVMax use to poll. Now they do as you specified.

I'm still getting that error with 1.0.9-1...not sure if you'd even looked at it for this update, but thought I'd give a heads up in case you had.

Originally Posted by dick-richardson View Post
I'm still getting that error with 1.0.9-1...not sure if you'd even looked at it for this update, but thought I'd give a heads up in case you had.
I actually got 1.0.9-1 to fix the app menu before you reported the issue, it just got delayed pushing it to extras-devel.

Originally Posted by epage View Post
I actually got 1.0.9-1 to fix the app menu before you reported the issue, it just got delayed pushing it to extras-devel.
No problem, and please don't read any impatience in my reply.

Posts: 139 | Thanked: 38 times | Joined on Nov 2007 @ mid gulf coast florida
Originally Posted by dick-richardson View Post
No problem, and please don't read any impatience in my reply.
DC was working fine last night...this morning it doesn't want to forward to Gizmo...works fine with forwarding to my mobile.

N800 Running 1.0.9-1
Looked through the log and didn't see anything that looked different today versus last night.

Update: working again...must have been google.

Last edited by n9ots; 2009-12-17 at 21:39. Reason: idiocy and impatience

Originally Posted by n9ots View Post
DC was working fine last night...this morning it doesn't want to forward to Gizmo...works fine with forwarding to my mobile.

N800 Running 1.0.9-1
Looked through the log and didn't see anything that looked different today versus last night.

Update: working again...must have been google.
Mine is still not working. 1.0.8.7 no update seen in the app manager. kind of a big deal.

Last edited by sondjata; 2009-12-18 at 17:22.

Originally Posted by sondjata View Post
Mine is still not working. 1.0.8.7 no update seen in the app manager. kind of a big deal.
Please remember that it is helpful to know what device or version of Maemo you have. Maybe include it in your signature so people can at least guess based on that? In this case it would also have been helpful to know what repos you have enabled.

I'm assuming you have Maemo 4.1 with extras enabled because I realize that when I promoted all of my software from Maemo 5 extras-devel to extras-testing, I forgot to promote the Maemo 4.1 version from extras-devel to extras. It is now done and should appear soonish. Thanks for helping me catch that so people can get the improved version sooner.

As a side note, as part of my The One Ring work, I've got faster downloading of all of the contact information. I have not yet merged this into my Dialcentral code though.

As for general The One Ring status: My semi-automated test is now able to login, get and set presence (avaialble, away, etc), make calls, send texts, and get contacts including their name. I have most of the work done for checking GV for new texts/voicemails to notify you of.

As long as nothing catastrophic comes up with other software or real life, I plan to finish testing notification of new messages this weekend. My next step will be either this weekend or next to test within Empathy and then on Maemo 5. It would probably be another week or two for Maemo 4.1 support if I end up doing it. There might be some decent amount of work involved with this because telepathy is still rapidly changing and the docs keep listing "For this version, support this, for that version, support that".

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to epage For This Useful Post:
Posts: 5,335 | Thanked: 8,187 times | Joined on Mar 2007 @ Pennsylvania, USA
Maemo 5, DialCentral 1.0.9-1:

I'm getting an error message at the bottom of the screen when I hit "Dial":
"There was a problem with GV: {'data': {'code': 20}, 'ok': False}"

Posts: 708 | Thanked: 125 times | Joined on Jan 2007 @ Too Close To D.C
Originally Posted by epage View Post
... It would probably be another week or two for Maemo 4.1 support if I end up doing it. There might be some decent amount of work involved with this because telepathy is still rapidly changing and the docs keep listing "For this version, support this, for that version, support that".
Man I hope you can find a way for supporting 4.1. Thanks for the update.

The Following User Says Thank You to heavyt For This Useful Post: