Notices

Posts: 17 | Thanked: 8 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Banstead UK
Is anyone having trouble login into Skype on the N900? In the last 24hrs my phone has not been able to login to Skype. Each attempt to login returns "user name or password incorrect" Any ideas

The Following User Says Thank You to archaz For This Useful Post:
Posts: 65 | Thanked: 15 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Finland@Turku
Originally Posted by archaz View Post
Is anyone having trouble login into Skype on the N900? In the last 24hrs my phone has not been able to login to Skype. Each attempt to login returns "user name or password incorrect" Any ideas
Same here. It started today, previously it worked ok. No idea what is going on.

The Following User Says Thank You to jerra For This Useful Post:
Hmm I am still having problems. I can log in on Skype's webpage so my account is ok. Can it be operator related? Can the operator block Skype?

Originally Posted by jerra View Post
Hmm I am still having problems. I can log in on Skype's webpage so my account is ok. Can it be operator related? Can the operator block Skype?
Did you try with Wlan.

Originally Posted by Random View Post
Did you try with Wlan.
Yes most likely as I have been trying from home to connect BUT I'll try again when I get home and verify that I am using my w-lan.

Its not working using my w-lan. Google talk is ok. This is strange.

If Skype works in your PC and Google in your phone I would say that there's error N900 Skype configuration.

Ok so now I have tried just about everything I can think of.
I have reset my password to Skype.
I have tried Skype on my PC and logged in on Skype's web page (OK).
I have written my password in a normal textbox just to make sure I typed it correctly and from there copy-pasted it. Web page login from the N900 works but not working in N900's IM accounts setup.

You must have the "+" at the start of the number and include country code. For U.S. numbers, the form should be:

+15558675309

Where 1 is the country code, 555 is the area code, and 8675309 is the number.

Without the "+", Skype won't work and say "incorrect address". You can edit your contact list to include the "+". When editing the contact phone number, just press the "s" key for a plus sign. You don't need to hold down the blue/green arrow key while pressing the "s" key.

This has been reported as a bug. Hopefully a fix will be issued because it is hard to figure out what is wrong otherwise.

Posts: 17 | Thanked: 8 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Banstead UK
Originally Posted by Random View Post
If Skype works in your PC and Google in your phone I would say that there's error N900 Skype configuration.
I do think you are right it may be a Skype config problem. I have been able to login on my N95 using fring application hence I'm sure that Skype is not broken for third party apps. We need some more people to report this to verify this as a bug. At the moment only http://talk.maemo.org/member.php?u=25168 (Jerra) has corroborated this problem which gives me some reassurance I'm not alone.