Active Topics

Posts: 41 | Thanked: 3 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Kirkland, WA
Hey guys, I just got an email from Clarivue letting me know that their screen protectors for the N900 are ready to ship.

In my opinion, these are the best screen protectors out there. I had on for my iPhone and one for my E71 and they are great. They're so clear they're practically invisible.

Here's a link in case anyone is interested.
https://www.clarivue.com/nokia-n900-...protector.html

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to gravis86 For This Useful Post:
Clear is good but the issue is does it protect the screen?

I prefer anti-glare though.

Originally Posted by Venomrush View Post
Clear is good but the issue is does it protect the screen?

I prefer anti-glare though.
Yes, I used them on my old N97 and they're quite durable in terms of scratch protection. Good price too. That said, I wasn't impressed with the fit on the N97 - there seemed to be too large a gap on the edges.

The Vikuiti DQC-160 I have now is great - the best fit I've yet to see on a screen protector. Maybe a little too good - there's no room for error when applying it as there little-to-no gaps when applied properly.

Posts: 3,664 | Thanked: 1,530 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Hamilton, New Zealand
I dont trust the guy though, he sound too chinese. It might be crap. I'll go with ClearProtector or Zagg.

Originally Posted by maxximuscool View Post
I dont trust the guy though, he sound too chinese. It might be crap. I'll go with ClearProtector or Zagg.
Have you ever used Zagg? If so, then you are probably ok with the rubbery texture. But if you haven't, make sure to read around and take advantage of the many options now available.

Also, wtf is your chinese comment supposed to mean?

The Following User Says Thank You to heybige For This Useful Post:
Posts: 199 | Thanked: 54 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Canada
Sorry for double post... Today I got the Clarivue that I ordered. I am extremely pleased with it, just wanted to report to you guys.

Originally Posted by Kajko View Post
Sorry for double post... Today I got the Clarivue that I ordered. I am extremely pleased with it, just wanted to report to you guys.

Which one did you get, the anti-glare or the ultra-clear version? How's the fit -- does it cover the entire screen or leave out room for the earphone and other sensors on the left? How well does it protect againt grease and fingerprints?

--denis

Posts: 199 | Thanked: 54 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Canada
Originally Posted by delaroca View Post
Which one did you get, the anti-glare or the ultra-clear version? How's the fit -- does it cover the entire screen or leave out room for the earphone and other sensors on the left? How well does it protect againt grease and fingerprints?

--denis
I got the anti-glare... fits the entire screen perfectly with a cut out for the earpiece. So far no grease fingerprints. I love it.

Originally Posted by Kajko View Post
I got the anti-glare... fits the entire screen perfectly with a cut out for the earpiece. So far no grease fingerprints. I love it.
I read that the anti-glare version "fogs" or "dims" the screen somewhat when compared to the "ultra-clear" version... but supposedly this version has the donwside of being more fingerprint friendly!

Anyway, how about touch / stylus sensitivity, did you lose any sensitivity with this screen protector?

--denis

The Following User Says Thank You to delaroca For This Useful Post:
i noticed they have mirror and privacy finish as well. those would be quite good to have but would make the screen foggy and dim as well i'd guess