Ok, Well I have had my n900 for 4 days now, but yesterday I received my Clear Protector full body. I have watched the vids, read the threads about dust particles, clean hands etc etc. So I felt pretty prepared for the job.

The pack had:
1 x screen protector
1 x back plate protector
4 sides of the 'top' screen (the metallic parts)

I have never applied anything like this before, but let me start by saying it was difficult! I'm sure with practice and time you could maybe master the art of these protectors but with only one shot to really get it right it was tough.

Pros:
- Screen still works the same, maybe even a little more responsive in some situations
- Great grip to the device, don’t feel like I’m going to drop it as much
- Where applied correctly, it is pretty ‘invisible’
- Cheap protection for longevity
- ‘Screen’ and ‘Back’ were good fit.

Cons
- Very difficult to apply for a novice, only really get one shot to get it right unless you want to really ‘wet’ the device and back of film
- Time consuming to apply correctly
- Water and electronics is never a good idea, but it’s step 3 of the instructions to ‘wet’ the protector before applying
- Takes 24 hours to dry
- ‘sides’ pieces overlap on the corners (or is this a pro?) but it looks a bit naff and not ‘invisible’ anymore
- Because of my inexperience, removal and reapply processes – mine is definitely not invisible….but pretty good.

I wont go into great detail on the steps that I made a mess of, but after about 1.5 hours I was finished. It does improve as it drys, but because I had to apply, reapply etc a few times, I thing I was more at fault than the clear protector. My biggest ‘con’ is that It just makes the device look a bit older than it is at present.  I suppose being a new device, I want it to look that way, not like its been ‘shrink-wrapped’. But I’m sure it will not matter in 6 months time.

Keen to hear your results.

The Following User Says Thank You to janszoon For This Useful Post:
I had similar issues. Ordered another screen protector and left the body one on since it's covered by a rubber case now. Going let gf apply next one since I am terrible with them.

"Meamo!" sounds like what Zorro would say to catherine zeta jones... after she slaps him for looking at her dirtily...

I applied mine and my fiance's without any trouble. I bought my protector from that devil named Zagg. (great products, horrible customer service)

OK.....UPDATE> At the same time I purchased the Clear Protector, I also bought an ebay case, that came with a screen protector. Can I just say....I ripped off the Clear Protector (which took me 1.5 hours to apply) and applied the ebay one (which cost $2) and it is completely invisible, took 1 minute to install and looks great. My phone looks 'new' again. Big ups to Hong Kong.

The Following User Says Thank You to janszoon For This Useful Post:
Posts: 49 | Thanked: 3 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ chicago usa
you got a link to this one you are referring to? i bought the zagg and some thing from europe.. zagg was good but there was a gap so it did not fill the screen.

but it did add a little bit of resistance which is nice.. and the one i got form europe had the same gap issue, but this one felt so rubbery i did not like it at all.

Originally Posted by janszoon View Post
Ok, Well I have had my n900 for 4 days now, but yesterday I received my Clear Protector full body. I have watched the vids, read the threads about dust particles, clean hands etc etc. So I felt pretty prepared for the job.

The pack had:
1 x screen protector
1 x back plate protector
4 sides of the 'top' screen (the metallic parts)

I have never applied anything like this before, but let me start by saying it was difficult! I'm sure with practice and time you could maybe master the art of these protectors but with only one shot to really get it right it was tough.

Pros:
- Screen still works the same, maybe even a little more responsive in some situations
- Great grip to the device, don’t feel like I’m going to drop it as much
- Where applied correctly, it is pretty ‘invisible’
- Cheap protection for longevity
- ‘Screen’ and ‘Back’ were good fit.

Cons
- Very difficult to apply for a novice, only really get one shot to get it right unless you want to really ‘wet’ the device and back of film
- Time consuming to apply correctly
- Water and electronics is never a good idea, but it’s step 3 of the instructions to ‘wet’ the protector before applying
- Takes 24 hours to dry
- ‘sides’ pieces overlap on the corners (or is this a pro?) but it looks a bit naff and not ‘invisible’ anymore
- Because of my inexperience, removal and reapply processes – mine is definitely not invisible….but pretty good.

I wont go into great detail on the steps that I made a mess of, but after about 1.5 hours I was finished. It does improve as it drys, but because I had to apply, reapply etc a few times, I thing I was more at fault than the clear protector. My biggest ‘con’ is that It just makes the device look a bit older than it is at present.  I suppose being a new device, I want it to look that way, not like its been ‘shrink-wrapped’. But I’m sure it will not matter in 6 months time.

Keen to hear your results.
im glad you posted your experience with clear protector, when i received my phone i slapped the clear protector on it immediately with out playing with the screen first.

I have been wondering if the friction when i scroll is caused by the clear protector or by the screen, Good to know that the screen would behave the same way with or without the clear protector, i think.

Posts: 201 | Thanked: 88 times | Joined on Aug 2007 @ San Francisco, CA
I just need to add... I didn't wait 24 hours before using mine after putting the Clear Protector on; it looked like it was dry after around 3, and I was sad when I noticed how resistant the screen protector was -- very resistant feeling and so on.

I tried it again the next morning, and it was suddenly awesome -- only slightly worse than with no protector. Ooops. There's a reason they say to wait 24 hours; it looked try, but must not have been. I'm just glad I didn't do any damage to it.

The Following User Says Thank You to ldrn For This Useful Post: