Active Topics

Here is an alternative for screen protectors:

NOKIA Repair Parts TOUCH WINDOW ASSY $32.87

Yes I have now realised that after attempting to find the right screen protector I could have saved some money and bought a new screen.
It seems to me its pretty durable anyway.
Those prices are cheap.
http://www.klc.fi/en/product_search.php?n900 Also has them.

check out my thread here http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=37446 i tried clearprotector but was very difficult to apply and made my phone look 6 months old. i ripped it off today and applied ebay one.f'n brilliant typing on my n900 now amd loving it. what a cool piece of kit

NO YOU DONT NEED SCREEN PROTECTORS. Any n900 owner with screen protector is sissy, just dont put your keys in the pocket with your beloved n900. Honestly i wouldnt wanna sacrifice raw experiences with an extra layer of plastic on my screen.

Originally Posted by hollowplayer View Post
NO YOU DONT NEED SCREEN PROTECTORS. Any n900 owner with screen protector is sissy, just dont put your keys in the pocket with your beloved n900. Honestly i wouldnt wanna sacrifice raw experiences with an extra layer of plastic on my screen.
Many of us try and keep the screen in good-as-new shape for one reason: re-sale value.

Posts: 968 | Thanked: 974 times | Joined on Nov 2008 @ Ohio
Originally Posted by Sasler View Post
Here is an alternative for screen protectors:

NOKIA Repair Parts TOUCH WINDOW ASSY $32.87
Just to the right on that site it notes:

"Nokia repair parts orders must include a minimum of $175 of Nokia repair parts. Orders for this item are Non-Cancelable, Non-Returnable "

Not so cheap after all, there at least.

Posts: 293 | Thanked: 76 times | Joined on Jan 2008 @ Fremantle, W. Australia
Originally Posted by impatient View Post
http://www.klc.fi/en/product_search.php?n900 Also has them.
Website completely broken. but i did see they charge 7 euro for a stylus! And €89.00 for an LCD. I think thats about what Nokia pay per phone for ALL the parts. I got an iPhone LCD for $23 one-off delivered. Lets hope the n900 gets popular enough for after-market parts. At least cases should be available before long.

BTW, there is a link to the service manual in the wiki, which tells how to open it and replace parts.

Originally Posted by hollowplayer View Post
I did that and still ended up with a nasty scratch which is so horrible I don't even think I can keep on using the device for much longer.

I have two small hairline scratches and I put it in my left pocket all by itself. I like the Zagg Shield. It does give it a slight rubberish texture afterwards. Oil from your fingers can make it become slick. It was easy to apply and adjust so long as it is still wet with the application solution. I have also not noticed any real change to sensitivity or accuracy.

The Following User Says Thank You to ciaomatteo For This Useful Post:
Posts: 356 | Thanked: 172 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Canada
Originally Posted by ruskie View Post
I wanted a bit more privacy so got this one:

http://www.protectionfilms24.com/art...900-27629.html

It's nice and it fills the bevel nicely. Had no issues looking at the screen with it. Though I do notice a few diagonal lines from it but nothing much that would badly effect visibility.
I'm curious about this one -- can you give a few more impressions?

How's the feel? Does it work equally as well in portrait as well as landscape, or is one better than the other? TIA