Notices

Posts: 861 | Thanked: 734 times | Joined on Jan 2008 @ Nomadic
When the TV-Out functionality can push out a higher resolutoin than the device is giving, then a direct port for apps like this makes sense.

Until then, the UI needs a rewrite for efficiency's sake; and then there needs to be a good deal of attention paid to keyboard-based use (thumb and wireless kbd) in the UI for it to be better.

Nice proof of concept nevertheless.

Posts: 1,067 | Thanked: 313 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ USA
i will no doubt end up paying for the data viz to avoid delay of using the products.

but would be great if they can scale it to not suck the life of the battery with the openoffice.

Posts: 2,142 | Thanked: 2,054 times | Joined on Dec 2006 @ Sicily
I can assure you that, at least on the N8x0, openofice.org on qole's easy debian has no evident effect on battery life, as the processor isn't particularly challenged after the program is started.

Indeedy, it's the size of such applications that could be a problem, but that doesn't by itself translate to CPU usage in any way.

Posts: 207 | Thanked: 119 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Pittsburgh, PA, USA
Hi,
Is any estimation when OpenOffice will be available for download?
Thanks

Posts: 144 | Thanked: 75 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Israel
Originally Posted by fahdriyami View Post
Wohoo! I was thinking of the possibilities of hacking DocumentsToGo, to allow me to edit documents etc on the N900 until i saw this!

Oh god the orange hurts my eyes..

Posts: 1,338 | Thanked: 1,055 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ California, USA / Jordan
Originally Posted by late666 View Post
Oh god the orange hurts my eyes..

I think it's fine.. Like it's not that bad.. But I was thinking if there was a full screen option it would make more a little bit more space and therefore fit more things? or make it a bit spaceous? But I really hope qole finds a way to continue this as I would be using in school ALOT (and I believe I am speaking for all of who owns N900 and goes to school of some sort.. even businesses O.o)

Posts: 607 | Thanked: 450 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Washington, DC
Originally Posted by bandora View Post
I think it's fine.. Like it's not that bad.. But I was thinking if there was a full screen option it would make more a little bit more space and therefore fit more things? or make it a bit spaceous? But I really hope qole finds a way to continue this as I would be using in school ALOT (and I believe I am speaking for all of who owns N900 and goes to school of some sort.. even businesses O.o)
As one who has tried to use Documents to Go on a PDA, let me predict that you won't want to use any word processor extensively on the N900. For taking notes in school (or in the office, in my case) I think that you will do better converting documents to PDFs and annotating them in Xournal. I use it on my N810 and it is a great way to add bits of information to big documents.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to DaveP1 For This Useful Post:
supercalifragilisticexpialidocious!

Posts: 91 | Thanked: 38 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Copenhagen, Denmark
Would it be possible (or an idea) to do like they have done with the new fennec. "Hide" all the options (open, save, print etc. and Font, margin etc.) off to the sides so you can swipe to one of the sides to reveal them?

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Brunorange For This Useful Post: