Banned | Posts: 291 | Thanked: 42 times | Joined on Dec 2009
Censorship is in full force looks like. If my original intention was to post this under N900 (for any reason whatsoever) who is to say that it belongs somewhere else? Wait, freedom of speech might not be a concept for everyone.

Also, the invisible hand is out there marking every single thread I start 1 star. This is cool, I've really made it. I am the first consistently 1 star poster. yahooooooooooo

Besides, look at the view numbers: noone reads the Competitors section. Thanks for marginalizing certain ideas.

Last edited by OrangeBox; 2009-12-19 at 18:28.

Posts: 337 | Thanked: 283 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ NYC
Originally Posted by OrangeBox View Post
Besides, look at the view numbers: noone reads the Competitors section. Thanks for marginalizing certain ideas.
You're wrong. My bookmark to TMO takes me directly to Competitors. That is because I believe that, when there is a viable alternative to N900, it will be posted there. It will be scrutinized, criticized, even bashed, but very likely done justice in the end.

And I also do not give a rats' аss how many phones the companies sell. Regarding anything that appeals to the intellect, the tastes of the masses have nothing to do with my own preferences...

Finally, I wouldn't be so proud of having low ranks on all threads started by you. It simply means other forum members have little appreciation for what you have to say.

Actually all it really means is that there is at least one person out there with a vendetta against him. Unless it can be proved the one star on each thread was from DIFFERENT people......

I could be wrong.. is there a way to see how many voted on a thread?

Originally Posted by fatalsaint View Post
Actually all it really means is that there is at least one person out there with a vendetta against him.
That is possible. But, in that scenario, there is NOT A SINGLE person that liked the thread to rank it higher either...

PS. Why don't you try giving it 5 stars as a test? I cannot, already gave 1...

Posts: 226 | Thanked: 63 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Maldives
Dang, I should check who made the thread, ignoring everything from the box of oranges hehe

Originally Posted by Sopwith View Post
That is possible. But, in that scenario, there is NOT A SINGLE person that liked the thread to rank it higher either...

PS. Why don't you try giving it 5 stars as a test? I cannot, already gave 1...
Nah.. I don't like the rating system. I ignore it completely. I dislike any "anonymous" system of appreciate or depreciation. I personally love the "thanks!" system - and I try to thank posts that I feel contribute something of worth, because it shows the names. If there was a "dislike" button that showed an additional line "These people did not appreciate this post".. I would support that too.

Any anonymous system to rate people is cowardly IMHO... and so I ignore it. If you have something to say to someone.. say it. Unless someone can point me in the direction of the page that shows who rated what with how many stars.. then I'll start using it.

The Following User Says Thank You to fatalsaint For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by fatalsaint View Post
Nah.. I don't like the rating system. I ignore it completely. I dislike any "anonymous" system of appreciate or depreciation.
I think that the idea of rating threads is to help others decide what is worth their attention. I rate stupid threads low to warn others off. I wish we'd had the option to filter threads from the "active topics" based on ranking or OP.

Other than that, I don't care much about rankings. It is the intertubes after all, nothing and noone here is real.

The Following User Says Thank You to Sopwith For This Useful Post:
Other than that, I don't care much about rankings. It is the intertubes after all, nothing and noone here is real.
No no... it's just that all Men are Men, all women are Men, and all little girls are FBI agents .

The Following User Says Thank You to fatalsaint For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,283 | Thanked: 370 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ South Florida
Originally Posted by OrangeBox View Post
No, not yet (Canada is still holding out as a sovereign country)
The French bribed us with that Cheesy Statue they gave us.

You're wrong. My bookmark to TMO takes me directly to Competitors. That is because I believe that, when there is a viable alternative to N900, it will be posted there. It will be scrutinized, criticized, even bashed, but very likely done justice in the end.

And I also do not give a rats' аss how many phones the companies sell. Regarding anything that appeals to the intellect, the tastes of the masses have nothing to do with my own preferences...

Finally, I wouldn't be so proud of having low ranks on all threads started by you. It simply means other forum members have little appreciation for what you have to say.
I second you brother (or sister)......

Tags
the last days of canada