I think a good extension to the profiles would be to link a set of VoIP/IM accounts to profiles. What do you think?

Sure there is the roaming settings but if that could be integrated to profiles as inside EU the cahrges are now reglulated but outside it's much more. Roaming profile EU,Global etc. ( just had $2000 DATA roaming travelling in Asia )

Well I know that but would be better to manage ot from profiles, timed allowing connections based how user want's. With allways ask needs attention but turning preferred roaming profile like data on certain time for 1 min- XXX etc.

Posts: 36 | Thanked: 86 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Helsinki, Finland
Originally Posted by gesperon View Post
I think a good extension to the profiles would be to link a set of VoIP/IM accounts to profiles. What do you think?
You can do that already: Status menu, Availability -> New status. It will let you create personalized statuses and set the presence of each IM account for the status. I.e. create a Work status where your personal GMail is set as Busy and your work Jabber is set on Online, and another one called Home where it's the other way around.

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to siovene For This Useful Post:
There some utilities for Symbian even reads calendar and can turn to meeting profile automatically, location based profiile settings.( The SmartProfile )

Originally Posted by siovene View Post
You can do that already: Status menu, Availability -> New status. It will let you create personalized statuses and set the presence of each IM account for the status. I.e. create a Work status where your personal GMail is set as Busy and your work Jabber is set on Online, and another one called Home where it's the other way around.
LOL.. I didn't knew that... THANKS A LOT!!!!

Just grabbed this and have to say its great - however the icons associated with the app appear to be missing - just getting an X where the image should be. Thoughts?
Agro ... : |*****-----] Relic(s) : G1, N900

Posts: 36 | Thanked: 86 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Helsinki, Finland
Originally Posted by Bratag View Post
Just grabbed this and have to say its great - however the icons associated with the app appear to be missing - just getting an X where the image should be. Thoughts?
Thanks!
You need to reboot the device. It's a gtk icon cache bug: many apps suffer from missing icons as soon as installed.

when i downloaded https://garage.maemo.org/frs/downloa...11-1_armel.deb i get incomatibility eror on app manger with red pill mode.

Originally Posted by asidana View Post
when i downloaded https://garage.maemo.org/frs/downloa...11-1_armel.deb i get incomatibility eror on app manger with red pill mode.
First - thanks for the heads up on the GTK bug poster- second - you need to install via command line dpkg -i

At least thats what I found - had the same issue,
Agro ... : |*****-----] Relic(s) : G1, N900