Active Topics

Posts: 1,217 | Thanked: 446 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Bedfordshire, UK
Originally Posted by OrangeBox View Post
This community is full of egotistical, i-know-it-all type geeks that have no respect for others. Many posters are childish, some are outright immature. Personal attacks, sarcastic remarks and the lack of respect to other members are missing far too often. Being too emotional and in some cases fanatic turns some threads into flame wars. There is so much that we can learn from the iPhone community.

Disclaimer: I don't own an iPhone and don't plan to own one either, but I follow their forums to learn their perspective and I can tell you that they are so much more civilized than we are.

Before you start posting insulting remarks to this thread take a deep breath and check out some of the iPhone forums out there and LEARN that there is a better way.

Peace.
Please refer to your own posts:
you people are such immature as it is generally expected from linux geeks

The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to Fargus For This Useful Post:
Posts: 322 | Thanked: 305 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Espoo, Finland
If we look at the history of threads orangebox has started. I'm thinking that the best thing we could do is to just stop replying to these provocative threads.

The Following 19 Users Say Thank You to bbin For This Useful Post:
We should follow the lead of iphone and iphone forums. REMOVE THAT WHICH IS OFFENSIVE! Ban him and delete any comments that go against the status quo! Since its not possible to actually get every memeber to act a certain way, the only way to proactively try to regulate something like this, would be with strict rules and a mod community to strictly enforce them (which I imagine is the case with other forums in existence). If that were the case, there may not even be a competition section, and im sure this thread would have been deleted.

This community is full of egotistical, i-know-it-all type geeks that have no respect for others.
Or, this community is full of egotistical, I-know-knothing type geeks that have no respect for what others have to do to answer all noob-questions they DEMAND answers to ??

That is the other side of it. But I think you are right in a sense, but still confused. This site quite claerly needs a crash course in Linux and using the X-term. This should be done from a total noob kind of view for persons who never have used a command line. Right now it is assumed that this knowledge is either known, or is obtained from elsewhere. This is way too arrogant for a site that try to be THE community for Maemo.

So, I don't disagree, I simply think you are a bit misinformed

We have a winner!

Attention Whore of the Week goes to...

[drum role]

OrangeBox

Congratulations! And don't forget to collect your money and prizes on the way out.

The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to daperl For This Useful Post:
No dont ban this guy . I 'm relaxing with his threads

Originally Posted by soleil View Post
Does orangeBox the guy who start the thread "only 30% of the cost of the N900 is "real" cost " . That was so funny
it was me and that guy named Chris that keep him speak up. heheh. we did a lot funny things indeed. he always started a thread that would take at least 2 pages. hahah

Posts: 307 | Thanked: 157 times | Joined on Jul 2009 @ Illinois, USA
You make a statement but have yet to support it at all. I want to see empirical evidence. I want to see statistics and pie charts and research papers. Thats whats wrong with this world. People (politicians are the worst) run around making wild accusations and claims and COMPLETELY disregard providing support.

NOTE: I am not providing support for this statement, if you will notice, which lumps me in with the idiots I'm complaining about. However, hypocrisy aside, the principle is sound.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to mmurfin87 For This Useful Post:
Noo. do not ban him. i repeat, do not ban him

Before you start posting insulting remarks to this thread take a deep breath and check out some of the iPhone forums out there and LEARN that there is a better way.
They kicked you out?

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to RFS-81 For This Useful Post:

Tags
fatalsaint is funny, known troll, self-fulfilling prophecy