Ah that is great to hear. I've used the sony watch on windows phones since htc s730 came out. Would love to use it on N900

Posts: 31 | Thanked: 44 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Czech Republic
Does anyone of you guys actually have N900 and SE MBW? Could you try this tiny app? (Watch connection and time setting should work)
http://www.smartmadsoft.com/forum/in...m=13&topic=157

Posts: 236 | Thanked: 149 times | Joined on Jul 2007 @ Finland
I have a N800 and a MBW-150. I downloaded the file and ran python OpenWatch.pyc

I only got an error RuntimeError: Bad magic number in .pyc file.

I have Python 2.5 installed.

I see. I've uploaded the .py files instead.

The Following User Says Thank You to moneytoo For This Useful Post:
Oh my god! It works! It says waiting for connection and when I connect the watch it shows recieved: and then some AT commands. The time is also set on the watch. I'll be more than happy to help if you need more testing done

That's good. I currently do not plan to buy N900 but I hope we can make it. (Desktop Linux environment and Maemo emulator is enough for me.)
I guess I can make application GUI and port the code for text output etc.
Since I'm not C/C++ & Linux geek all I need are some Python samples (getting phone/sms/email events) and idea how to control the media player (something like acpi_fakekey/key simulation/special events/launch parameters/...?).

I also have only limited knowledge as I've mostly coded with PHP, but I'm guessing that DBus might be the way to go. I found this thread which has some info, but I'll try to get some concrete examples later. If that doesn't work then emulating key presses should do the trick.

Posts: 861 | Thanked: 734 times | Joined on Jan 2008 @ Nomadic
Nice project; glad to see this working. Given the physical size of the N900, a project like this makes a lot of sense IMO.

...now, I wonder if other accessories and input devices can play spokes to the N900's hub of info

Posts: 303 | Thanked: 175 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ London UK
I wrote an example daemon in C++ many months back as a precursor to writing a Symbian/S60 driver for my MBW-150..

I've ported it (didn't take much) and if I can add some dbus stuff to monitor for incoming calls and messages it should be simple to get a very basic "driver" working..

Something for this weekend perhaps..

It would be nice if the DUN stuff in the phone supported some of the Sony Ericsson AT extensions, that way the support would be native.. I'll look at that too since it should be relatively easy to sort out

Posts: 117 | Thanked: 10 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Wolverhampton
Any updates on this anyone?