if i am playing a song then i have no problem minimizing the media player and leaving the music on. but when i am playing a video i cant find how to minimize it, i can only click the back button in top right of screen which means i have to load it up again each time

Posts: 1,255 | Thanked: 393 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ US
Not possible at this time? Another reason I find the current video function odd in regards to the framework. Especially since it has no problem doing this with KMplayer / Mplayer combination.

Why would the player that is part of the OS have less function in that regard?

Posts: 280 | Thanked: 72 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Switzerland
It's just like that. So much for multitask.

open and close camera clover. it'll minimize the video player.

Posts: 237 | Thanked: 157 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ San Diego, CA
Originally Posted by Rushmore View Post
Not possible at this time? Another reason I find the current video function odd in regards to the framework. Especially since it has no problem doing this with KMplayer / Mplayer combination.

Why would the player that is part of the OS have less function in that regard?
Because it has more function in another regard.

The default player is based on gstreamer, and thus uses the Hardware DSP features of the n900 for video decoding.

Mplayer does not.

It is my understanding that videos are paused when switching from the player to prevent multiple simultaneous access to the DSP hardware.

control backspace on the keyboard will switch you to the task page and minimixe. video pauses however, presumably to reduce system load

Posts: 1,885 | Thanked: 2,008 times | Joined on Aug 2009 @ OVI MAPS
Originally Posted by mikec View Post
control backspace on the keyboard will switch you to the task page and minimixe. video pauses however, presumably to reduce system load
when i minimise a video it does not pause it fo me, it stops video then when going back to player via task manager it starts video again from very beginning

EDIT: just did some tests with different videos and i noticed videos i took myself with n900 camera play from where it was minimised from, but a few videos off youtube i tried it restarts them over if minimised while playing

Last edited by NvyUs; 2009-12-23 at 17:55.

Originally Posted by NvyUs View Post
when i minimise a video it does not pause it fo me, it stops video then when going back to player via task manager it starts video again from very beginning
Strange, mine definitely pauses and goes back to where it left off but with the flashing balloons for a few sec's on re-start.

Still it is just as easy to hit the pause button, before you minimize, then you when you un-minimize you get to start without the little balloons.

Minimize as in this:

In that case get thea one app that will let you use the camera button to show you running apps (don't remember what it's called).

For me, it pauses the video, but when I switch back to it, it picks up where it left off.
Attached Images

Posts: 1,885 | Thanked: 2,008 times | Joined on Aug 2009 @ OVI MAPS
Originally Posted by mikec View Post
Strange, mine definitely pauses and goes back to where it left off but with the flashing balloons for a few sec's on re-start.

Still it is just as easy to hit the pause button, before you minimize, then you when you un-minimize you get to start without the little balloons.
i think its something to do with codecs b/c .flv from youtube dont continue playing but videos i recorded on n900 do.