Posts: 47 | Thanked: 33 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Czerwionka, Poland
Hi!

Did it ever happened to you that calls get displayed in Conversations?

I have two calls (one outbound and one missed) displayed on the list in Conversations and I am unable to get rid of it. "Clear conversation" and delete (from context menu) do not work.

Any clues? I am investigating now database (el.db) to track down source of problem.

Posts: 32 | Thanked: 6 times | Joined on Aug 2007 @ Liberty, SC
I had the same problem and the only way I found to clear it from the conversations was to purge the call history list.

Posts: 284 | Thanked: 498 times | Joined on Jun 2009 @ Poland
Interesting, is there a bug report for this?

I examined database and I found nothing abnormal. I compared two records - one related to call which was present on calls list in telephone and one which was displayed in Conversations. They were basically the same.

I noticed that problematic phone numbers where present in other database - drafts.db, but deleting records from it did not solve problem.

@fpbrooks Have you noticed when it happens? I will be trying to reproduce it.

@Tomaszd To be honest, I did not check. I googled for it but I didn't find anything useful.

Posts: 44 | Thanked: 23 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ India
i encountered the same.. and after trying several times to delete.. it was still there.... whenever i tried to delete that call, other conversation from the same contact was getting removed. i finally got rid of it by using the top menu "Delete conversation" option...

Now my phone missed a missed call Missed call left no trace in database. I don't know why. Maybe because database file was opened in Sqliteman, but I doubt it - phone saved outgoing and received calls to db normally. Reboot helped.

Another glitch - Conversations failed to find contact name of one of the phone numbers. Restarting rtcomm-messaing-ui helped.

Posts: 284 | Thanked: 498 times | Joined on Jun 2009 @ Poland
Ah, didn't notice, it's my evil twin brother tomaszf, you'll never get away this time

You guys should seriously consider reporting a bug about this.

do you have to set up anything for the coversations to work because im having trouble with viewing the messages. i get a text and i can see it before the convo page but oviously long messages i can only see a little bit of, can anyone help???? please

@Tomaszd Yeah, I noticed you too, my brother. You are Data, I am Lore :P

If it happens again, I am filling bug report.

Posts: 32 | Thanked: 6 times | Joined on Aug 2007 @ Liberty, SC
Sorry for the delay in repyling I have been away and have not read thist thread in a while..

The only times I have seen this was when I got a call from my ex-wife's cell. she was not a contact in my contact list since I had not talked to her in over a year. At that same time she also sent a few or dozen SMS's with in 10 minutes (she does this when I ignore her calls/messages LOL ) but the actual SMS's could be deleted. Its the call referance in the conversations app that would not delete.

This happened twice. Since then I added the number to the contacts list so I have not had any more stuck messages.

Originally Posted by tomaszf View Post
I examined database and I found nothing abnormal. I compared two records - one related to call which was present on calls list in telephone and one which was displayed in Conversations. They were basically the same.

I noticed that problematic phone numbers where present in other database - drafts.db, but deleting records from it did not solve problem.

@fpbrooks Have you noticed when it happens? I will be trying to reproduce it.

@Tomaszd To be honest, I did not check. I googled for it but I didn't find anything useful.