Active Topics

Ctrl+backspace had a valid keybinding; to erase a word. By remapping Ctrl+backspace to the menu function, it is no longer possible to use this.

Sym+backspace would have been a better keybinding.

Is anyone working on a key remapping tool? There are many other wonky default key bindings I NEED to remap if I am planning on keeping this thing for much longer.

Hi jaek, I can't help you with that and I'm sorry. I'd just like to congratulate with you for the nice title of you thread, I love it.

Posts: 237 | Thanked: 157 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ San Diego, CA
I don't know how to remove the existing mapping.

But I know that you can use camkeyd to use the camera shutter key to go to the app switcher.

You need to change and recompile hildon-desktop to remove this menu key binding.

Posts: 287 | Thanked: 127 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Sweden
Ctrl-W works in many consoles to remove a word. Perhaps it also works here?

The Following User Says Thank You to floffe For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by floffe View Post
Ctrl-W works in many consoles to remove a word. Perhaps it also works here?
works great in xterm - not so much in notes

Posts: 37 | Thanked: 17 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Abu Dhabi, UAE
well there is an alternative... press ctrl + shift + left arrow to highlight the word then backspace... more work than the usual ctrl + backspace, but still useful if you want to delete long words or a number of words at once

Originally Posted by A77ALiSTiC View Post
well there is an alternative... press ctrl + shift + left arrow to highlight the word then backspace... more work than the usual ctrl + backspace, but still useful if you want to delete long words or a number of words at once
Or you can use Shift + Up to highlight the whole entry before the cursor. Shift + Down highlights everything after the cursor.

Last edited by Mattside; 2009-12-27 at 03:55.

Originally Posted by Matan View Post
You need to change and recompile hildon-desktop to remove this menu key binding.
What other keybindings (besides Ctrl-Backspace) are hardwired into hildon-desktop?