Posts: 5 | Thanked: 1 time | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Montpellier, France
Of course... the more the better. Judging from this thread, I'm just hoping for fast text input at this time. But yes, you're right.

Please Nokia fix this! It is actually very important. I bet most people who buy the N900 expect that BT Keyboards be supported. The device is afterall being touted as a mobile computer...

I hope someone hacks this functionality into the device sometime soon. I'm dissapointed that Nokia hasn't made it a priority.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to MartinNZ For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by MartinNZ View Post
Please Nokia fix this! It is actually very important. I bet most people who buy the N900 expect that BT Keyboards be supported. The device is afterall being touted as a mobile computer...

I'm dissapointed that Nokia hasn't made it a priority.
Agreed. Vote for https://bugs.maemo.org/show_bug.cgi?id=6685

I hope someone hacks this functionality into the device sometime soon.
http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=38372

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to qobi For This Useful Post:
Posts: 121 | Thanked: 54 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ New York, US

I hope someone hacks this functionality into the device sometime soon. I'm dissapointed that Nokia hasn't made it a priority.
I would think people expect this to work in the first place because it was working in the Diablo! I still can't wrap my head around how so much stuff that was working nicely in the previous version is not working in Fremantle.

Posts: 12 | Thanked: 4 times | Joined on Aug 2009 @ Finland
I, too, hope that the bluetooth keyboard support issue will get fixed. I was planning on using tv-out and a bluetooth keyboard to do some python programming for the N900 on the occasions my girlfriend hogs the desktop computer.

I bought the N900 instead of a netbook because I can always carry it in my pocket. But when I'm at home, it would be awesome to use it as a lightweight computer with a tv/monitor and a proper keyboard. Now the keyboard almost works in a usable fashion. So close but still so far.

I too hope this gets fixed; I've voted for the bug. It never entered my head that the SU-8W bluetooth keyboard would NOT work with the N900, so I bought the N900 rather than a netbook. Not being able to touch type is a huge diappointment. The KB worked so well with my N95 8GB. Don't let this be the last Nokia device I'll ever buy...

Posts: 293 | Thanked: 76 times | Joined on Jan 2008 @ Fremantle, W. Australia
What about mice? I tried a BT mouse with HID enabled, and while it does move the cursor, its not in any useful manner. The scroll wheel makes the n900 vibrate as clicked, but no scrolling. I can see uses for the mouse with maps or games. Its more portable than a wiimote.

Originally Posted by attila77 View Post
Which reminds me... Is there anyone with an Apple Wireless keyboard that has it working with the N900 ? I can connect it all right with the BT hack, but it just sits there after that, no input
DId you figure out how it works?

Posts: 5 | Thanked: 1 time | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Montpellier, France
Originally Posted by vincenzo View Post
DId you figure out how it works?
I reiterate my interest in seeing the Apple BT keyboard work with the n900. It *should*.

There *should* be a native HID-compatible setup for it, just like there is on Symbian. The generic Nokia KB driver works great on Symbian (old e61 phone) with nearly full functionality for the killer Apple BT keyboard. It's amazing for mail and documents, and has saved my business day more than once. The n900 can do this too, and I wouldn't at all mind paying for such a driver.

Even if the KB can't drive the swishing, swiping and changing screens in Maemo, it should at least be able to fully drive the current application. I hope Nokia decision-makers realize the potential for marketing n900 as an awesome business device (coupled with the soon-to-exist Docs to Go, Quick Office or easy Open Office package that will surely come along...).

I must be patient though, as this phone is still not really offered by the operators in France yet. What an awesome forum though!

Posts: 96 | Thanked: 23 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Sweden
Originally Posted by TheDagger View Post
I, too, hope that the bluetooth keyboard support issue will get fixed. I was planning on using tv-out and a bluetooth keyboard .

I bought the N900 instead of a netbook because I can always carry it in my pocket. .
THIS was the exact idea I had as well, sort of using the N900 as a micro PC, with portable Storage, and ALL the communication, documents and entertainment in one small pack.

BUT
BT keyboards and headsets ( skype-VoIP) do not work properly.

is there ANY BT keyboard that works decent ?