I'm afraid this board has something of a negative tone, so I thought i'd just say how much I love my N900 I got it thursday and have been happily playing away since, even though the poor thing can't seem to turn off properly. Anyone else in a state of giddy nerdom when they play with their N900?

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to superhyper For This Useful Post:
Banned | Posts: 291 | Thanked: 42 times | Joined on Dec 2009
Originally Posted by superhyper View Post
I'm afraid this board has something of a negative tone, so I thought i'd just say how much I love my N900 I got it thursday and have been happily playing away since, even though the poor thing can't seem to turn off properly. Anyone else in a state of giddy nerdom when they play with their N900?
Good for you. Have you tried other smartphones as well?

I'm glad you like it. I've been having a great time playing with my N900 as well. It's not perfect, but none of the shortcomings I've experienced are "deal breakers" (and most are fixable with updates), and the things that are working well for me work REALLY well to the point that I can't remember how I functioned without it

Posts: 378 | Thanked: 206 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Denmark
yeah the n900 rocks

I've had the SE w890, n95, HTC Diamond, Iphone 3G, SE 905...

The n900 is beats all those by a mile.. yeah it's 10 times better then iphone mr. OrangeBox. I sold that one again after 2 months lol.

Originally Posted by mthmob View Post
yeah the n900 rocks

I've had the SE w890, n95, HTC Diamond, Iphone 3G, SE 905...

The n900 is beats all those by a mile.. yeah it's 10 times better then iphone mr. OrangeBox. I sold that one again after 2 months lol.
Those are old phones.

I assume that you've heard about the 3GS? How about Motorola Droid/Milestone? Xperia X10? BB Storm 2?

Posts: 589 | Thanked: 54 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ london
the user experience isnt really much different between the 3g and 3gs

Originally Posted by mysticrokks View Post
the user experience isnt really much different between the 3g and 3gs
It is very much so. Especially speed-wise. Its browser is not as capable as that of the N900 but it's faster.

Posts: 237 | Thanked: 157 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ San Diego, CA
Originally Posted by OrangeBox View Post
It is very much so. Especially speed-wise. Its browser is not as capable as that of the N900 but it's faster.
Having used a 3GS and n900 side by side, the 3GS browser did seem faster than the n900's

But that said, this was on 2 diff 3g networks, AT&T vs t-mobile in LA.

Haven't tried it on even ground (wifi) yet.

Even if the 3GS browser is faster, I'd say that's negated by the fact that you have a choice of multiple browsers on the N900, your not at the whim of Apple (or Nokia) for browser improvements.

erm no its not really at all..

i use my gf's 3gs all the time. not much init between my 3g.

the user experience is almost identical, sometimes the 3g can get abit slowdown on larger games, whereas the 3gs can play them better all the eime , thats about it..

in terms of phone/email/gps(bar knowing direction)/txt/most apps hardly any difference worth mentioning at all.

the iphone is still the top phone.. the 3g and 3gs are much more stable in comparison to the nokia n900. but the n900 is a totally different experience- it really does bring out the geek side.

but of course the 3gs will seem faster it DOESNT LOAD FLASH...

the reality it isnt faster, but the user experinece is faster but not as fullfilled.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to mysticrokks For This Useful Post: