Posts: 2,473 | Thanked: 12,265 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Jerusalem, PS/IL
I've had my N900 for a day now, and haven't had any problems with it till today. I connected it to my PS3 to copy over some files, and disconnected the USB cable. The filesystem became corrupt cause the PS3 doesn't umount devices. Anyways that's not the problem, fixed it with fsck. When I booted it up I heard a sound thought it was normal and all. Now when it booted up fully, I heard the same sound when touchingt he screen. I made a call to the device and heard the sound (a bit louder though). Now it seems the device isn't vibrating.
What I've tried:
Reflashing the device.
Bumping it around in my hand
Checked all my settings
Restored default settings

I'm doing an eMMC flash next.
Does anyone have any ideas if that doesn't work?
btw N97 owners, it's the same sound when the battery is almost flat.
Any help would be appreciated.

Could be a crap unit and just a coincidence that the motor stopped working. Is there a command to test the motor?

Posts: 5,795 | Thanked: 3,151 times | Joined on Feb 2007 @ Agoura Hills Calif
When I got my N900 a couple of days ago I didn't hear the sound and then later I started hearing it. Maybe there are conditions in which it doesn't happen even though turned on? Low battery or something?

Today I heard a strange buzzing for awhile and it turned out to have something to do with how I had earphones (not the Nokia earphones) plugged in to it.

I think the vibe is not very important and I wouldn't send my N900 back because of its lack.

Posts: 207 | Thanked: 119 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Pittsburgh, PA, USA
Originally Posted by MohammadAG View Post
I've had my N900 for a day now, and haven't had any problems with it till today. I connected it to my PS3 to copy over some files, and disconnected the USB cable. The filesystem became corrupt cause the PS3 doesn't umount devices. Anyways that's not the problem, fixed it with fsck. When I booted it up I heard a sound thought it was normal and all. Now when it booted up fully, I heard the same sound when touchingt he screen. I made a call to the device and heard the sound (a bit louder though). Now it seems the device isn't vibrating.
What I've tried:
Reflashing the device.
Bumping it around in my hand
Checked all my settings
Restored default settings

I'm doing an eMMC flash next.
Does anyone have any ideas if that doesn't work?
btw N97 owners, it's the same sound when the battery is almost flat.
Any help would be appreciated.
I guess you should try eMMC flash because user setting stored in /home/user folder (on eMMC).

Posts: 2,473 | Thanked: 12,265 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Jerusalem, PS/IL
eMMC flash didn't work, I'm not returning it cause of the motor (considering I got it imported and sending it back would make me pay customs again). Will give it time and it might work again. If not I can always get it fixed the ME when it arrives.

P.S can a mod soft delete the thread?

Originally Posted by MohammadAG View Post
eMMC flash didn't work, I'm not returning it cause of the motor (considering I got it imported and sending it back would make me pay customs again). Will give it time and it might work again. If not I can always get it fixed the ME when it arrives.

P.S can a mod soft delete the thread?
did u ever fix this? mines been gone for 24hours now and i miss it!

Posts: 7,074 | Thanked: 9,069 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Moon! It's not the East or the West side... it's the Dark Side
try healthcheck and see if it works?

http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php...t=health+check

The Following User Says Thank You to Dave999 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 79 | Thanked: 47 times | Joined on Oct 2010 @ Devon, UK
Leaving this running for a while might fix it.

The Following User Says Thank You to sutaburosu For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by sutaburosu View Post
Leaving this running for a while might fix it.
it was running and i threw the phone into the air and it kicked back in

genius!!!!

The Following User Says Thank You to wilsonf1 For This Useful Post: