Active Topics

Notices

Posts: 24 | Thanked: 9 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Helsinki, Finland
I tried loading the new 0.1 codecs to play my movies but no help there.

The ones I try to play are all XviD video and MPGA audio. The player itself does not even tell me why these won't play...

AC3 streaming from DLNA server doesn't work. Not sure if it's bitrate or 5.1ch?

Posts: 284 | Thanked: 498 times | Joined on Jun 2009 @ Poland
Alright you guys. Extra Decoders Support 0.2 is going to land in extras-devel soon. Yes, now it has "Extra" in the name, to make it more logical.

* Added basic support for RealMedia formats (depends on my new gstreamer0.10-rm package)
* Depends on ogg-support, adding Vorbis OGG and FLAC support
* Added desktop file and mimetype xml file to play known formats from File Manager
* It also makes use of the XB-Maemo-Upgrade-Description field

A couple of things that need to be told/repeated:

- still no support for resolutions over 848x480
- still no support for Main and High profiles of H.264 (mostly used in Matroska containers, so don't complain if your MKV files don't work)
- for some reason my RealMedia test sample refuses to get indexed for the Media Player, so please use the File Manager for now.
- you can play your RealMedia, Matroska and Flash Video files from the File Manager without having to tediously select the Media Player over and over again.

I've been pulling my hair today to make this happen, had to learn how the GStreamer build system works to create a separate RealMedia package, then figure out how to make playback from the File Manager a nice experience (not that easy, it turns out...). What was supposed to be a fun project turned out to be a real anxiety attack inducer. Not to mention testing the damn thing.

My plan for the next version is to add Musepack audio support (those .mpc files you have laying around).

If you like this project, you can support it by donating via PayPal.
My PayPal e-mail address is dominikowskipics@gmail.com
Your support is really appreciated!

Last edited by Tomaszd; 2010-01-03 at 21:02.

The Following 14 Users Say Thank You to Tomaszd For This Useful Post:
Please vote so we can get this update to Extras, just like the previous version.

The Following User Says Thank You to Tomaszd For This Useful Post:
is it possibe to add decodersupport handle/decode .sdp streams?

Originally Posted by asidana View Post
is it possibe to add decodersupport handle/decode .sdp streams?
Unfortunately, no. I could add sdp demuxing, but you'd have to download the stream in .sdp format and play it back locally, which is pointless. It's a limitation of the Media Player AFAIK, so vote for open-sourcing it.

If you suddenly notice that Media Player lost all your files, it means that tracker couldn't handle all the changes and is probably re-indexing your files, so don't worry. You can try turning your phone off and on again. You can also check the status of tracker (the service that tracks all files and indexes them for e.g. the Media Player) by running tracker-status in the terminal as a normal user (not as root). If there is anything fishy going on in the output, please report back.

hi guys, i am pretty much new to linux, let alone maemo... hence, could u guys help to point me to installing the test apps??

cheers

Posts: 543 | Thanked: 181 times | Joined on Aug 2009 @ Universe,LocalCluster.MilkyWay.Sol.Earth.Europe.Slovenia.Ljubljana
Is there a way to make -rm and all the others optional to decoders-support so that those of us who for example wouldn't want rm cound remove it without removing decoders support.
zsh|xmms2|fcron|gtar|gcoreutils

Originally Posted by ruskie View Post
Is there a way to make -rm and all the others optional to decoders-support so that those of us who for example wouldn't want rm cound remove it without removing decoders support.
Not really, I don't want to make this more complicated than it already is. The demuxing support libraries are really tiny, so I don't see any harm.