Notices

I really want spotify on my N900!! Isnt there anything we can do to get heard? =) No news on development?

Posts: 24 | Thanked: 9 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Helsinki, Finland
There's some instructions how to get (de)Spotify running on N900, but they are way too complicated and have several places to download stuff and many steps in the process.

Why, instead of just boasting that "Hey, I got this working" and posting extreme ways of doing this, won't these guys just wrap everything up in an installer, push it into the repository, and let us all enjoy the fun?

Posts: 7,074 | Thanked: 9,069 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Moon! It's not the East or the West side... it's the Dark Side
should be a questionmark in the end of that headline.

after reading the post I was so disappointed

Haha. Me too! I surely thought that spotify had arrived..

Posts: 3,664 | Thanked: 1,530 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Hamilton, New Zealand
me three ...

Posts: 80 | Thanked: 8 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Stockholm (formally Amsterdam, London)
yep! Agree!

Posts: 7,074 | Thanked: 9,069 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Moon! It's not the East or the West side... it's the Dark Side
where can i find qtify? extras dev?

Posts: 44 | Thanked: 5 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Sweden
Grr, I just can't wait until spotify is running on my N900..

Originally Posted by kalx2e View Post
There's some instructions how to get (de)Spotify running on N900, but they are way too complicated and have several places to download stuff and many steps in the process.

Why, instead of just boasting that "Hey, I got this working" and posting extreme ways of doing this, won't these guys just wrap everything up in an installer, push it into the repository, and let us all enjoy the fun?

Because it can be very difficult to do that kind of thing, especially if it involes making changes to files, whereas posting instructions is easier in the meanwhile and works as well. I just makes you use that fatty mass between your ears
Agro ... : |*****-----] Relic(s) : G1, N900

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Bratag For This Useful Post:
Posts: 24 | Thanked: 9 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Helsinki, Finland
So, now the Androids are getting Spotify 'out of the box', running natively. This is done to conquer the US market for Spotify.

And I thought Nokia was interested in taking that action, but I guess missing clear opportunities is one of Nokia's new strategies...