Notices

im having a problem with canola2 2.0.0 Whenever i go to change themes the app closes. Its as soon as I click on Themes. Also whenever i go to cover art and then back out using the bottom left button the app closes. Im not sure what to do. I've reinstalled the app multiple times using the app mgr but same results.

Any ideas?
"Eventually, the Internet will be Google, but while they keep churning out the goodies, the actual change-over in ownership will probably pass us by. There are none so blind as those that will not see...." - Sebastian Anthony

bumpity bump bump
"Eventually, the Internet will be Google, but while they keep churning out the goodies, the actual change-over in ownership will probably pass us by. There are none so blind as those that will not see...." - Sebastian Anthony

Originally Posted by goodfellabk718 View Post
im having a problem with canola2 2.0.0 Whenever i go to change themes the app closes. Its as soon as I click on Themes. Also whenever i go to cover art and then back out using the bottom left button the app closes. Im not sure what to do. I've reinstalled the app multiple times using the app mgr but same results.

Any ideas?
This is a known bug. The "app closes" is actually a crash. Still investigating the reasons for this, but haven't found anything about it. What we know is it only happens when accessing certain items on Settings/Options, which may be related to the use of old version of libraries, and that it only happens in Fremantle. See the bug for more information:

https://bugs.maemo.org/show_bug.cgi?id=5517

The Following User Says Thank You to etrunko For This Useful Post:
Posts: 395 | Thanked: 107 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ India
How to see the camera photos using canola?

For people running Canola on the N900, there is a workaround for typing text in the entry fields described in Maemo bugzilla #6511

https://bugs.maemo.org/show_bug.cgi?id=6511

We still need to find the proper fix for that though.

The Following User Says Thank You to etrunko For This Useful Post:
To summarize:

I've read the thread, tried everything suggested, and found a fix for the problems resulting from updating to canola2 version 2.0.0-maemo1 [only shows music and pictures in main menu, settings button becomes gears in bottom right hand corner, tuning plugin installation does not change settings options]

Solutions that did not work for me:
I've gathered that different people had different problems, with different possible resolutions. Installing the flikr plugin or others to resolve the problem with python did not work for me, though it did for others. Uninstalling canola2, running the cleaner, and reinstalling from applications manager or the website did not work for me, though it did for others.

Solution that did work for me:
I gathered that some users had a problem with chinook repositories when running diablo. This turned out to be the problem. I removed chinook extras, added diablo extras, ran canola cleaner, and reinstalled by typing "apt-get install canola2" as root, and this finally fixed the problem.

To remove chinook extras, go to applications manager, click the drop down menu "application manager > tools > application catalogue" and remove anything with "chinook" under distribution.

To add diablo extras, click "install" under Latest releases - Diablo Extras at http://repository.maemo.org/

To get root access, install rootsh, open a terminal, and type "root".

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to io.porges For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by io.porges View Post
I gathered that some users had a problem with chinook repositories when running diablo. This turned out to be the problem. I removed chinook extras, added diablo extras, ran canola cleaner, and reinstalled by typing "apt-get install canola2" as root, and this finally fixed the problem.
Thank you so much! I've been wrestling with this all morning, and now it finally works!

Just a note for others, I found that simply removing the Chinook repo and leaving the Diablo repo was all I needed to do. After that, I just ran Canola cleaner and installed Canola2 and the Tuning plugin as normal from the application manager (no need to fool with root or apt-get).

when i try to search on conola2 last.fm it comes up (unable to resolve url) is there a fix for this?

Originally Posted by SpiritGeek View Post
I found that simply removing the Chinook repo and leaving the Diablo repo was all I needed to do. After that, I just ran Canola cleaner and installed Canola2 and the Tuning plugin as normal from the application manager (no need to fool with root or apt-get).
this fixed my canola install as well.

Did anyone actually installed the canola-IM pluging?
i'm having some troubles with because it's requiring python-telepathy and python-core. I have no idea of where to find those. any help?