Just bought a screen protector for my N900 from PhantomSkinz. After reading the instructions of application... I am having second thoughts about whether or not I should put it on... I have to dip it into warm water with soap and later apply it very carefully..making sure the water doesn't get anywhere on the screen. Should I just leave my phone as it is?

No, the screen is scratched waaaay too easily not to have a protector on it, just ensure there is hardly any water/soap solution on the protector when you're going to apply it.

Posts: 589 | Thanked: 54 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ london
i like the zagg one - it comes with a solotion that you can cover your device with. no damage will be done.

to be honest i dont know much about your screen protector- but a bit of soapy water on a screen wont harm the device in the slightest.. i have dropped a laptop in a lake- i have washed(full cycle washing machine) a phone- and both worked once dry..

Posts: 78 | Thanked: 84 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Moscow, Russia
Here are photos of my 5800's screen after an yaer of use with fingers, not stylus ("soft" using).

I think it would be better to protect the screen of N900. An here is a photo of my N900 with protector:

i have a scratch not on the screen but on the black outside part- after that i got a screen protector incase the screen got scratched- id advise a full customized protector to be honest. the zag is very good and still very responsive

What screen protector can you guys recommend, not to steer off topic. I have lens/screen cleaner which has a substantial amount of alcohol in it so the solution stuff doesn't matter to me.

What does matter is a subtle one that doesnt look obvious, and one that preferably covers the entire face. Any recommendations? Also one that won't interfere with the touch screen pressure.

Originally Posted by mysticrokks View Post
i have a scratch not on the screen but on the black outside part- after that i got a screen protector incase the screen got scratched- id advise a full customized protector to be honest. the zag is very good and still very responsive
doesn't the zagg give an "orange peel" feel to the screen though?

Originally Posted by EvoXLover View Post
What screen protector can you guys recommend, not to steer off topic. I have lens/screen cleaner which has a substantial amount of alcohol in it so the solution stuff doesn't matter to me.

What does matter is a subtle one that doesnt look obvious, and one that preferably covers the entire face. Any recommendations? Also one that won't interfere with the touch screen pressure.
I bought one from ebay (uk) for £2 and it's pretty good

Posts: 41 | Thanked: 3 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Kirkland, WA
www.clarivue.com

Sticks on with static cling, and is perfectly clear. Pretty much like it's not even there. I use their protectors on all my devices.