Active Topics

Closed Thread
Erm.. fourthed! But primarily I just joined the forum to say thanks, good work and please keep it going! The current NitDroid makes a great proof of concept, I would really love to see that built on. Please keep us posted!

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to happyblob For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,306 | Thanked: 1,697 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Durham North-East UK
ill even provide some hosting space for this on my server if need be, got rather a surplus of space

Fifthed! Concept seriously rocks. How is it progressing? I hope it doesent die a silent death as with previous attempts.

Well although I say fifthed all i could probably do to help is to see if it is dummy proof..

The Following User Says Thank You to champagne_charly For This Useful Post:
if anyone has links for the source i wouldnt mind having alook at it myself

Posts: 258 | Thanked: 138 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ St. Louis, MO, USA
Originally Posted by dj_steve View Post
if anyone has links for the source i wouldnt mind having alook at it myself
We're trying to get the guy to open up his source, so we can all help. So far it's falling on deaf ears.

Posts: 32 | Thanked: 74 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ South Australia
Bump. Any updates? Is the OP even still working on this?
Would it be easier to try running Android under a chroot rather than make a fully booting system?

I contacted him on twitter and received a response that it is indeed the same guy. I asked him to shoot back over to the forum and please to consider opening up the code for us. He mentioned that he got busy with school/work doesn't see it being "usable w/o some hardware gfx, 800x480 is a lot of pix to blit" Hopefully he takes me pleads and heads back here

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to mrdally204 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 258 | Thanked: 138 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ St. Louis, MO, USA
Originally Posted by Termana View Post
Would it be easier to try running Android under a chroot rather than make a fully booting system?
It might be easier, but it would probably be faster to have a system that doesn't require Maemo to be running. Maybe it would be a tolerable drop?

perhaps we should start our own project based on the 2.1 branch of android and these instructions. Sounds like we've got a few people interesting in trying, but we just need a common place to work and a place to start.

EDIT:
these guys are pretty active in development for the beagleboard (another OMAP platform, though i'm not sure if they also support OMAP3430). We can ask them for their help.

Last edited by twoboxen; 2010-01-06 at 14:04.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to twoboxen For This Useful Post:
count me in for helping whereever would love to see android on n8x0

I'm not sure how much help I can be, but I will be a nice Guinea pig and flash my device many times as needed to test some functionality. Pull together, maybe bri3d will let his work out of the bag maybe he won't

Closed Thread