Active Topics

Posts: 2,173 | Thanked: 2,678 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Cornwall, UK
Originally Posted by noobmonkey View Post
lol well it's not open
For now there are new applications being added daily into the extras repository - and the testing one is building up fast!

Was there anything you really really wanted in the ovi store?
Yes. I want to light candles in my n900. The perfect prayer/meditation aid.

Posts: 219 | Thanked: 94 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Helsinki, Finland
Originally Posted by noobmonkey View Post
lol well it's not open
Hmmm.... Isn't it open for many other devices? When I go in there (using my laptop browser) and login, the site redirects me to some update-your-information page. If I cancel that and don't choose my device at all, the store goes nuts like Kypeli described. Definitely bad behavior by the site.

Posts: 3,203 | Thanked: 1,391 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Worthing, England
Originally Posted by RevdKathy View Post
Yes. I want to light candles in my n900. The perfect prayer/meditation aid.

Ahhhhhhh - I'm assuming being a sensible non smoker you don't have the handy lighter on you at all times .

(Have to admit, i don't carry a candle with me at all times though!!)
Doh! - i also want the Egg Timer and Snow Globe!
----------- Are you on the N900 World Map? - http://pininthemap.com/maemo - masterpin: shotgun
----------- What apps do you want to see on the n900 or in MeeGo in the future? -

Originally Posted by smage View Post

this looks lively enough? :P
In Italy, still "Coming soon" ...

I just want more games. Hope Nokia delivers them. For now only good one is Angry Birds, Cube Touch and Solitare. The rest are on the S60 OVI store. We need more 3D games!!! We need more developers!!!

Originally Posted by franny87 View Post
I just want more games. Hope Nokia delivers them. For now only good one is Angry Birds, Cube Touch and Solitare. The rest are on the S60 OVI store. We need more 3D games!!! We need more developers!!!
There is a few more games than that in the Ovi Store...

http://talk.maemo.org/showpost.php?p=447047&postcount=1

Originally Posted by c0rt3x View Post
There is a few more games than that in the Ovi Store...

http://talk.maemo.org/showpost.php?p=447047&postcount=1
Those touch games are not real games. Those are just fun apps. A game will consist real game developers such as Rovio / Gameloft/ ETC. It's just the matter of Nokia if they'll support us with this developers. I wouldn't mind paying 5-10$ a game. App store already sells them for that price. N-Gage disappointed much. N900 supports 3D games and it's best not let it go a waste right? and port games are limited.

Last edited by franny87; 2010-01-06 at 16:20.

Posts: 156 | Thanked: 26 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Scotland
Prismic - a wallpaper manager for the N900 http://www.n900wallpapers.com/prismic - recently changed their coming soon to the N900 message to 'Coming Soon, exclusively on Nokia N900 Ovi Store'...

at least there are some developers trying to get into it.

Posts: 844 | Thanked: 521 times | Joined on Jan 2009 @ UK southampton
The hack does not seem to work anymore just get the your device is currently not available in Ovi store page which reloads everytime I hit the login button.

I really hope Nokia will soon get their act together.

First they abandoned a far superior platform a few years back (S90 on the 7710) in favor of a way inferior one.

And now we have the N900 with great hardware and OS but which was first delayed for a long time, is still buggy as hell in quite a lot of software aspects and months after the release there's still no official app store (maemo.org is great but it's not suitable for paid applications).

As it stands now I get the feeling the N900 will probably be my last Nokia device and that's coming from someone who has been a customer since the 7110.