Notices

Posts: 84 | Thanked: 96 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Sweden
Hi All!

Yesterday i released the first "working" version of qtify - an open source spotify client based on despotify. It's currently translated to english, swedish, norwegian, finnish, dutch and german. Spanish, arabic and greek translations will probably be included in next update coming within 24 hours or so. Initial translations is posted here.

Vid showing Qtify 0.0.1-3
(deprecated).

If you are interested to try it out you find it in the extras-devel repository for fremantle. Note that this is highly experimental software and it isn't completely impossible that it makes your phone blow into pieces

Report any bug in this thread or at http://qtify.garage.maemo.org

Known bugs (in 0.1.0)

* Segmentation fault if account has no playlists
* Random sound-dips (~100ms silence) (less significant in latest version)
* Freezes when clicking on play button with no song playing
* Language is automatically set to phone locale, not phone languange.
* No sound-device available in silent mode.
* Partial translations for most languages (help appreciated )

Edit2: 0.1.0 released, buglist cleaned, new testing round initiated

Happy listening

Edit: Note that using qtify requires a premium spotify account.

Last edited by Hexagoon; 2010-01-18 at 20:24.

The Following 33 Users Say Thank You to Hexagoon For This Useful Post:
Posts: 7,074 | Thanked: 9,069 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Moon! It's not the East or the West side... it's the Dark Side
*playback stop if the last track in playlist finish. (need to force the client to restart)

anyone working on improvements for despotify(lib)?

thx. keep up the good work.

Last edited by Dave999; 2010-01-06 at 18:17.

Originally Posted by Dave999 View Post
anyone working on improvements for despotify(lib)?
I don't think it's actively developed... It would be awesome if someone with good C-skills could help them

Posts: 34 | Thanked: 76 times | Joined on May 2009 @ Earth
Mh... if i tipe in the username ad my pw it crash ??

but why? i hve the new qtify 0.0.1-3 version thanks for help!

or work it only with premium and not with free ones?

It works only with premium... If you got a free account you´re stuck with the official spotify client for PC.

The client shouldn't crash though, that's a bug. Can someone confirm that the client crashes using a free account?

Originally Posted by Hexagoon View Post
It works only with premium... If you got a free account you´re stuck with the official spotify client for PC.

The client shouldn't crash though, that's a bug. Can someone confirm that the client crashes using a free account?
Cannot confirm that but can confirm that the client crashes with _premium_ account... Also tried running the client from the terminal and result was segmentation fault while updating the playlists.

Last edited by hinaaja; 2010-01-06 at 19:09. Reason: typos

Oh.. yeah, that's known as earlier if you don't have any playlists. I'll add that to the "Known bugs" list

Posts: 12 | Thanked: 13 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Sweden
Originally Posted by Hexagoon View Post

It seems like the client segfaults if there is no saved playlist.

I saved a playlist with the PC-klient after that Qtify started w/o problem.

Posts: 7,074 | Thanked: 9,069 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Moon! It's not the East or the West side... it's the Dark Side
*if you use the next or back arrows without any tracks in playlist, Qtify close. (minor)

I've just released a new version with many bugfixes included (0.0.1-4), it will be out in the repos in half an hour or so... I've also included new translations for greek and spaninsh, would be nice if someone could verify they are working and correct.

I know some translations is missing for each of the languages, so feel free to post any additions/corrections in the translation thread

be sure to update despotify too, this might require an apt-get update, dont reallt know

Edit: If you have despotify since earlier (and only then) - you have to force an upgrade to despotify by writing

apt-get -y install despotify
in a root shell

Happy listening, again

Last edited by Hexagoon; 2010-01-08 at 09:33.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Hexagoon For This Useful Post: