dude besides my microusb port cominging out,i absultely love this phone , bugs and all

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to cnadarajah For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by reviver View Post
When reading these forums I often feel that I am the only one without any problems...I'm really happy with my N900.
You're not the only one.

I've had my n900 for 2 weeks now, and I've had absolutely no problems whatsoever.
It's surprising that i've had no issues though - I dropped it into water a week ago. I freaked out a bit, but then I pulled it apart, dried it out and let it sit overnight in a bowl of dry rice and it fixed itself up and hasn't had any issues at all

The Following User Says Thank You to JarZ For This Useful Post:
Got mine in mid-December, no random reboots. Charging doesn't always start when connecting the USB plug. Occasionally slows down, and some programs sometimes hang. That must be expected on any such device, I believe. I do run software from the "testing" depository, which isn't supposed to be as stable as extras. Mostly it's still stable.

There is a list floating around here somewhere about features that is expected in a phone that is lacking in the N900. Most people here will scuff at that list, but I agree with several, most even, of those points. However, as someone here said, "it's perfect for me!" You may never miss any of those features. I know I never miss portrait mode.

The Following User Says Thank You to volt For This Useful Post:
Finally I own a Nokia N900 myself for 2 months now, Love it and never have problem. I guess it is all just hype and depending on individual user experience

Originally Posted by radiowc View Post
e) or something else?
I vote for (e)

Posts: 415 | Thanked: 182 times | Joined on Nov 2007 @ Leeds UK
i would say its the nature of the device, it can do nearly anything.
i use it as a pc and phone replacement, if nokia play this right maemo 6 will be one hell of a platform.
i would say it has many problems, but most of them are minor.
people shout at problems but rarely shout at success
i would like to shout at sucess

Posts: 7,074 | Thanked: 9,069 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Moon! It's not the East or the West side... it's the Dark Side
problem==opportunity ... at least most of the time.

The N900 is bloody beautiful and has massive potential - Nokia just need to sort out the basic issues (Native MMS, ovi support, portait SMS, ovi maps turn by turn, media player issues). Then we'd be golden. Lets hope Nokia do the right thing eh..

Posts: 741 | Thanked: 900 times | Joined on Nov 2007 @ Auckland NZ
The N900 is better than anything I ever expected it to be. Every phone has issues. My advice: if the feature set is not for you, go somewhere else.