Notices

Posts: 1,070 | Thanked: 1,604 times | Joined on Sep 2008 @ Helsinki
A lot of skilled people is joining our community these days, they are familiar with terminal application, but not with Linux, so there's a high demand for a quick reference with the X-terminal commands, I know that they are Linux standard commands (with a few exceptions), but a branded maemo.org reference card would be nice (even for noob).

Here is a example of what I'm talking about: phoenix.goucher.edu/~kelliher/f2006/cs245/linux1.pdf

Any volunteer to design something like that ?

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to VDVsx For This Useful Post:
Posts: 323 | Thanked: 118 times | Joined on Nov 2007 @ Australia
something like that on the maemo wiki with links to the man pages would be cool to see, or even real examples on the wiki instead of man pages.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to RipTorn For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by VDVsx View Post
Here is a example of what I'm talking about: phoenix.goucher.edu/~kelliher/f2006/cs245/linux1.pdf
That's great to quickly identify the right command and then check its man page, but without man[1] on the device it's a bit too terse to be useful I think.

Originally Posted by RipTorn View Post
something like that on the maemo wiki with links to the man pages would be cool to see, or even real examples on the wiki instead of man pages.
An excellent starting point would be http://www.busybox.net/downloads/BusyBox.html, obviously with commands missing from the Maemo busybox removed and some extras added.

[1] Perhaps it's time to rethink the whole docpurge business?

Originally Posted by VDVsx View Post
A lot of skilled people is joining our community these days, they are familiar with terminal application, but not with Linux, so there's a high demand for a quick reference with the X-terminal commands, I know that they are Linux standard commands (with a few exceptions), but a branded maemo.org reference card would be nice (even for noob).

Any volunteer to design something like that ?
Great idea, loads of commands on the device that need man pages.