im having the exact same issue as the person in this thread
http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=26186
the only thing is, when i try to restart the wizard and i look for a "browse button," it takes me straight to the screen where i need to connect my n800, which isnt working. how do i get it to the window with the browse button? i have followed all the other steps and i have a downloaded copy of the update ready to install

I've never used the Windows flasher, so can't tell what stage you're having issues with. It sounds like you are having trouble getting the N800 into update mode.

Have you seen this article on Tabletschool? If you follow this, does it work for you? It shows how to power up the N800 into the USB update mode. Another way is to plug in the battery charger while the N800 is off and the USB cable connected.

Make sure you use your original Nokia cable; some have reported difficulty with other cables.

http://tabletschool.blogspot.com/200...-firmware.html

Originally Posted by canoehead View Post
I've never used the Windows flasher, so can't tell what stage you're having issues with. It sounds like you are having trouble getting the N800 into update mode.

Have you seen this article on Tabletschool? If you follow this, does it work for you? It shows how to power up the N800 into the USB update mode. Another way is to plug in the battery charger while the N800 is off and the USB cable connected.

Make sure you use your original Nokia cable; some have reported difficulty with other cables.

http://tabletschool.blogspot.com/200...-firmware.html

those were the steps that i originally followed. one of the problems im having is that when the first update failed, the device is not recognized by my computer anymore. when i boot up the device, it loads the blue bar on the nokia screen up to anout 95 percent and then restarts and does it again. if i have it connected to my computer, i dont put it in sync mode and it shows me the usb symbol in the top right

Tried any of the Windows troubleshooting at the bottom of this? I only use the Linux flasher, not familiar with diagnosing the process under Windows.

http://www.nokiausa.com/get-support-...oftware-update

If the wizard is having difficulties detecting your device, turn the device off and press the Swap button while turning the device back on again.

Plug your USB cable directly into the computer instead of into a USB hub. If you are experiencing trouble with device detection use the USB port at the back of your computer instead of on the side.

Make sure that you use a genuine Nokia-manufactured cable and the Nokia Connectivity Cable Driver is properly installed:

* Check from Control Panel -> Add or Remove Programs that the Nokia Connectivity Cable Driver is installed.
* Check from Control Panel -> System -> Hardware -> Device Manager that no question marks or exclamation marks are visible when Nokia Internet Tablet is connected to PC according to the wizard instructions (connect Nokia Internet Tablet to PC with Nokia connectivity cable, press and hold Swap key and switch on the device. Release the Swap key when a USB logo appears in the upper right corner of the display). If the driver is not installed successfully, disconnect the Nokia Internet Tablet from the PC, uninstall Nokia Internet Tablet Software Update Wizard and Nokia Connectivity Cable Driver. Reinstall the Nokia Internet Tablet Software Update Wizard.

also make sure you're not trying to flash the device hooked up to a usb hub.

Originally Posted by canoehead View Post
Tried any of the Windows troubleshooting at the bottom of this? I only use the Linux flasher, not familiar with diagnosing the process under Windows.

http://www.nokiausa.com/get-support-...oftware-update

If the wizard is having difficulties detecting your device, turn the device off and press the Swap button while turning the device back on again.

Plug your USB cable directly into the computer instead of into a USB hub. If you are experiencing trouble with device detection use the USB port at the back of your computer instead of on the side.

Make sure that you use a genuine Nokia-manufactured cable and the Nokia Connectivity Cable Driver is properly installed:

* Check from Control Panel -> Add or Remove Programs that the Nokia Connectivity Cable Driver is installed.
* Check from Control Panel -> System -> Hardware -> Device Manager that no question marks or exclamation marks are visible when Nokia Internet Tablet is connected to PC according to the wizard instructions (connect Nokia Internet Tablet to PC with Nokia connectivity cable, press and hold Swap key and switch on the device. Release the Swap key when a USB logo appears in the upper right corner of the display). If the driver is not installed successfully, disconnect the Nokia Internet Tablet from the PC, uninstall Nokia Internet Tablet Software Update Wizard and Nokia Connectivity Cable Driver. Reinstall the Nokia Internet Tablet Software Update Wizard.
i have done all of this and the device is still not recognized. i think it has something to do with the fact that the device was flashed and no new firmware was installed because of the error.