Hi All,

Can any one recommend a decent IDE to get me started on either Gtk or Qt...

I've gone through the starter material and have my SDK/Emulators/Scratchbox installed but am now just after a nice IDE to simplify the programming.

Would it be uncool to ask for something with auto completion? I'm a bit too used to VS

Cheers,

Daniel

For Qt I would recommend you QtCreator. Only thing I miss is integration with scratchbox yet you can make it work with not too much efort.

For Gtk I would use Eclipse as it is the official IDE for Maemo but you should know It lacks features you should be thinking of like UI designing. For that you should be using an external app like Glade.

The Following User Says Thank You to Ignacius For This Useful Post:
Posts: 12 | Thanked: 4 times | Joined on Aug 2009 @ Finland
If you are used to Visual Studio, there is also VS add-in available. (http://qt.nokia.com/developer/faqs/w...io-add-in/view). I haven't tried it myself so I cannot say how good it is.

Theres a qt designer plugin for eclipse too, to me Eclipse the best IDE for both c/c++/java/python/php and so on.

Ok, so how do i make any of these nice tools aware of the maemo libs and whatever else is needed?

You can take a look at Esbox2, which is an Eclipse based dev. environment for Python/Maemo with packaging support: http://esbox.garage.maemo.org/2nd_edition/

(This works on Win/Mac too, and doesn't need scratchbox)
MfEfolders - Enable/disable MfE sync on a folder by folder basis; locally rename mail folders

Thanks for all the replies guys! Sorry for my slow response! I'll give a few of the IDEs a go!

I think MrGrim had a good question though... Is that possible with any of the popular IDEs?

Ignacius, the lack of scratchbox integration is a shame eh?