Hi there,

Anone had any luck running btscanner on their n800 . mine seems to be installed fine but when i run btscanner it says

Opening the OUI database
Reading the OUI database
Finished reading the OUI databse then it exits.

Any help solving this error would be greatly appreciated thanks also any suggestions of other similar programs for the n800 too thanks

Jim

In reply to above post, on further investigation, the problem appears to be the settings for xterminal.

On looking in your directory on exiting you should see btscanner.log which lists the error ( mine was screen size too small). By changing the font setting in xterminal to size 11 btscanner runs no problem, hope this helps someone,

James

Thanks for the tip. I was wondering why it would not work for me.

Thanks from me too...
Looks like it would report screen size problems to somewhere other than a log file...

thanks me too

Hi,

from where it is possible to get the btscanner software?
I found only incompatible pakets on the debian
webpage and on maemo.org, the install is missing.

Thanks a lot in advance for your help!

bye!

I'd be interested in getting btscanner working on the N800 too. Is there any way around the dependancy on libbluetooth1?

Posts: 531 | Thanked: 79 times | Joined on Oct 2006 @ This side of insane, that side of genius
so i have tried creating a symlink from /usr/lib/libbluetooth.so.2 to /usr/lib/libbluetooth.so.1 and i still cant get btscanner to install.

i added eko.one.pl/maemo/ mistral user as a repo, and that didnt work out the dependency.

does anyone know how to get past the libbluetooth1 dependency? i did at one point, but seem to have forgotten...
ElmScan 5 BlueTooth
BlackBerry Bold (9000)
AT&T Wireless

I have the same problem and I have been playing around with it for some time now but cant get it to work. Who knows to get past it?

It works fine on Nokia 770.
You need super user account.

Darius