Notices

Posts: 2,173 | Thanked: 2,678 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Cornwall, UK
I just had another idea... How about an old-fashioned solitaire game? Not a card game, but that simple game with pegs where you jump a peg into a space and remove the one jumped over to try to get rid of all the pegs bar one?

It would make a simple enough little arcade style game. Instructions here. Online java version here.

Any takers?

There's one in extras-testing (maybe devel if not, but it's there somewhere)
Actually it's a collection of mind-gymnastics games
Edit: i mean the peg game. no card solitaire for you!

The Following User Says Thank You to MrGrim For This Useful Post:
Posts: 2,173 | Thanked: 2,678 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Cornwall, UK
I like the sound of 'mind-gymnastics'. At my age, I'm approaching the 'use it or lose it' stage.

Posts: 122 | Thanked: 73 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Turku, Finland
Originally Posted by Thor View Post
Offscreen have already made Solitaire for the N900 and it works fine. Those who don't have it already will have to wait for the opening of Ovi store though.
But it's only klondike, right? I would enjoy a huge set of different solitaire (card) games, I don't want to be limited to klondike, therefore, I would to 100% love a maemo 5 version om AisleRiot

Posts: 119 | Thanked: 110 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Prague
for starters, you can try easy-deb & millions of solitaires (e.g. pysol) inside of it...

I have installed aisleriot for os2008 on the N900 and i'm using it with no problems.
If something, you need to download the deb and install it by hand (dpkg -i yourdebhere.deb).

The Following User Says Thank You to simoneb For This Useful Post:
thanks simoneb...I got Aisleriot to install and played fine....now i love my n900 a little more...

I'm fairly certain, I'm some sort of idiot. I just enabled fullscreen in Aisleriot, and now I can't exit fullscreen. Now I have to pop out the keyboard and hit Ctrl+Back whenever I want to quite the game. I can't, for the life of me, figure out hardware keys to exit fullscreen.

Posts: 138 | Thanked: 43 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Vancouver Island, Canada
Originally Posted by oldpmaguy View Post
Please, no puns! I was a little surprised that he requisite "solitaire" (or "Klondike", as it is sometimes called) did not come on my N900.

Can anyone point me to a good, useable version for the N900? Prefereably with touch-screen capability, if possible. Thanks!
I installed the Garnet VM (PalmOS v5) on my N900 and then installed Sol Free by Smallware. It works great! Smallware also makes Solebon, a package of 50 solitaire card games for a fee.

Posts: 398 | Thanked: 301 times | Joined on Sep 2007 @ Texas
The full screen key was removed on the N900. The source would have to be updated to map to a different key that does exist.

Originally Posted by Ghost_MH View Post
I'm fairly certain, I'm some sort of idiot. I just enabled fullscreen in Aisleriot, and now I can't exit fullscreen. Now I have to pop out the keyboard and hit Ctrl+Back whenever I want to quite the game. I can't, for the life of me, figure out hardware keys to exit fullscreen.
Frank