Notices

I really like the App! I would like to have an option to set default language setting so I don't have to navigate through the languages when I normally only use English > German for example.

Posts: 320 | Thanked: 763 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Espoo, FInland
I like this application! But can it be extended with a very little feature? I want this application to remember the values of source and target languages I have made.

Now I need to select "Finnish" as "source" language and "English" as "target" language every time I launch the application. This is really time-consuming...

And the default settings are really funny. Source language is Dutch and target language is Filipino

Posts: 177 | Thanked: 199 times | Joined on Nov 2007 @ Concepcion, Chile
good job, please, make the application remember the last language selected in source and target.... thanks!

I tried to download the application but it is given a file corrupted message, can you help please ?

Originally Posted by Alan_Peery View Post
Odd, I was expecting this to be a failure of Google translate, but when I tested in using the normal Google translate page, "lemon" was translated...
in version 0.4 it seems to be fixed
now waiting for all the suggestions to be implemented
big thanx 4 the app!

edit: downloaded version 0.4.2 and got the same issue when translating from english to polish (lemon )
no problem when i swap languages - yes you can in this version
tried different languages working fine
only english to polish shows the same word :/

Last edited by bald.eagle.one; 2010-01-05 at 22:05. Reason: new version issue

It would also be very useful if there was an easy way to swap source and target language.

I often find myself needing to translate both ways and it is pretty tedious having to always change source and target language back and forth with the current method.

But great work so far ;-)

EDIT: Just saw that this has already been requested earlier in the thread. Sorry for repeating this ;-)

Last edited by generationally; 2010-01-07 at 07:21.

The Following User Says Thank You to generationally For This Useful Post:
Posts: 2,361 | Thanked: 3,746 times | Joined on Dec 2007 @ Berlin - Love this city!!
I've made a video about gTranslate:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tIllN3LPzUc

Last edited by zehjotkah; 2010-01-07 at 20:32.

Another vote to have it remember the languages selected. Im an english speaker living in spain, it would be great if it was set to spanish to english every time I opened it.

Selecting from the 100s of languages on there is a pain and stops me using it for a quick menu lookup etc.

Might seem like a small issue, but in terms of usability it is massive. Thanks!

Posts: 193 | Thanked: 41 times | Joined on Jan 2007 @ Paia, Maui, Hawaii
Looks like a great application!

I also would love to see a version for my n800.

In the meantime on my n800 I use the browser interface (which remembers my language selections): http://translate.google.com

On my laptop when in firefox I use the excellent BabelFish Instant Translation extension (it uses the same google translation service + google dictionary + yahoo + remembers language pairs + one can select one's own subset of languages)

cheers

Last edited by ichmoimeyo; 2010-01-09 at 20:24.

whatmim looking for is dictionary.. but this gtranslater do the trick.. usually i m learning finnish so. i use eng to fin..
what i need it to improve is..

1. default language.. whenever i use the program i want it to pop up my default language.. so i dont have to search all da time.. we aint moving countries everyday anyway
2. if there is a whole language data package we can install on the machine.. rather than looking from da net all the time..it darins da battery.. fyi i dunt usually translate long setences.. just some short words.