Posts: 5,478 | Thanked: 5,222 times | Joined on Jan 2006 @ St. Petersburg, FL
PR1.0.1 (44-1) is a small updated that sets things up so PR1.1 can be pushed through the Application Manager. This update is only intended to allow the PR1.1 to be received OTA.

Apparently they're staggering the rollout. The UK update should be up available around 10:00 UTC and the US update around 16:00 UTC.

The Following 46 Users Say Thank You to GeneralAntilles For This Useful Post:
Posts: 177 | Thanked: 39 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ China
Originally Posted by chase15 View Post
i dont think so... i have all repo active.. devel, extra-testing and extra... and i dont see any maemo5 update..
yea same here, dont see a thing
(was joking by the way, dont think anyone would go through that much trouble. maybe that guy, whats his name....orangebox?)

Posts: 210 | Thanked: 62 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Helsinki, Finland
avaivable in Finland. First I didn't see it in app manager, then I tryed the update applications bit and it found it. I'm guessing it's about the caching.

Posts: 5,478 | Thanked: 5,222 times | Joined on Jan 2006 @ St. Petersburg, FL
Originally Posted by Brank View Post
avaivable in Finland. First I didn't see it in app manager, then I tryed the update applications bit and it found it. I'm guessing it's about the caching.
The repository cache on your device is only updated once every 24 hours. The update became available sometime after your device had done its daily update (or it hadn't occurred yet).

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to GeneralAntilles For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by GeneralAntilles View Post
PR1.0.1 (44-1) is a small updated that sets things up so PR1.1 can be pushed through the Application Manager. This update is only intended to allow the PR1.1 to be received OTA.

Apparently they're staggering the rollout. The UK update should be up available around 10:00 UTC and the US update around 16:00 UTC.
ha i was thinking this was a pre update for pr1.1

One nice aspect of this small update is that the Application manager remembers the position after you have installed a new application so you don't have to scroll down again if want to install another one
It also has new icons

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to DaSilva For This Useful Post:

I don't understand.
Even bigger updates like 1.1 are made OTA?
I thought you had to use NSU to reflash the whole device in order to get bigger updates.
Will there ever be any updates that requires the use of NSU?

Posts: 345 | Thanked: 72 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Reunion Island
every update can be done by NSU, but you can update via OTA too

Posts: 562 | Thanked: 123 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Daly City

hopefully it will be out tom.. wanna see the changes from that update... im from CA..

Posts: 1,885 | Thanked: 2,008 times | Joined on Aug 2009 @ OVI MAPS
Originally Posted by eikido View Post
I don't understand.
Even bigger updates like 1.1 are made OTA?
I thought you had to use NSU to reflash the whole device in order to get bigger updates.
Will there ever be any updates that requires the use of NSU?
firmware updates get released on NSU too, just use what you prefer.
updates may not be released on all methods at same time, so people might have to wait a while for there preferred method

Tags
firmware, firmware update, minor update, n900, ota, pr1.0.1, ssu, update