Posts: 780 | Thanked: 855 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Helsinki, Finland
Originally Posted by pabloniss View Post
Hello. Quote here some articles and i asked if there is no way to create and restore a backup after a software update?

"The Nokia N900 has been finally updated to 1.2009.44.1. Apparently v44.1 is just a minor update and I haven’t noticed any changes by now. The update can be downloaded either via the Nokia Software Updater or straight from the application manager.. Unfortunately, the N900 doesn’t support UDP (User Data Preservation) so that all your applications, e-mail accounts, custom background and your homescreen will be wiped out when you update it with the NSU".
maemoworld.org

Do i understand? because only from the NSU can not restore the data?
That's a lie. All my data is intact!

Originally Posted by dmcconachie View Post
App Manager currently stalled at halfway point for me (c.2 minutes and counting) but I can see some shiny new icons in the background.
One of the maemo repo's is particularly busy at the moment, giving 503 and 504 errors.

That is a lie. Nothing was lost during update on my phone. But it's always better to have a backup.

Posts: 117 | Thanked: 18 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Edinburgh
Originally Posted by slender View Post
Hmm. This is really small thread on scale of forums what i have seen. Generally all the threads here are more a like chats which you can scroll pretty fast by reading/scanning just some words. Should not take more than 5 minutes to find something. Also quotes with backlink to orginal post make finding even faster.
Fair enough. Wouldn't hurt to have the occasional post referencing the post number(s) that highlight the problem/solution though.

No chance I was goint to trawl through almost 300 posts though. Just did a reboot and tried again and all worked ok.

Posts: 12 | Thanked: 4 times | Joined on Aug 2009 @ Finland
The application manager stalled at halfway for me too. However, after waiting long enough (several minutes), it started working properly again. I had the extras developement catalog added, so it might be an issue with it as noobmonkey suspected.

I notice it takes me straight to the new email when I click on the email notify app. It never use to do that for me, just took me to the Inbox and wanted me to do the rest. If this is an update i like it!

It does seem more responsive to me as well.

Posts: 883 | Thanked: 980 times | Joined on Jul 2007 @ Bern, Switzerland
Very glad to see that Red Pill mode is gone after #N900 44-1 update (As Peter said: To prevent installing packages missing required dependencies)
dpkg -i whatever.deb is a much better way IMHO

"the idea of truly having a computer in your pocket just moved a big step closer."

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to twaelti For This Useful Post:
Posts: 129 | Thanked: 14 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Mboro - UK
Why the hell didn't they add the 3UK Sim card fix???!!!

Arghh so anoyed.

Posts: 59 | Thanked: 10 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Portugal
After update mine is IDENTICAL. Nothing changed (at least visually).

Posts: 117 | Thanked: 18 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Edinburgh
Originally Posted by tk421 View Post
I notice it takes me straight to the new email when I click on the email notify app. It never use to do that for me, just took me to the Inbox and wanted me to do the rest. If this is an update i like it!

It does seem more responsive to me as well.
If I only have 1 new email it takes me directly to it. If I have more than one it would just take me to the mailboxes screen. Haven't had enough emails since updating to check for new behaviour!

Tags
firmware, firmware update, minor update, n900, ota, pr1.0.1, ssu, update