Posts: 49 | Thanked: 8 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Lancashire
Originally Posted by Venomrush View Post
These software are useless when the thief flash/update the S60 phones
I agree to a certain extent, yeah it does get erased when flashed, take my look at it though:
My phone gets nicked at work, (no-one I work with knows how to flash a phone, they can barely change ringtones, I do all the work on most of their phones when they are stuck) their going to turn it off straight away but they will try it when they get home, as soon as they put their card in (phones not locked purposely) it sends a text to my wifes phone complete with co-ordinates, I can soon look this up on Google maps and see where my phone is, not hard to work out which person nicked it
Plus I can send various commands to the phone without them knowing

Posts: 188 | Thanked: 185 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Finland
Originally Posted by Venomrush View Post
These software are useless when the thief flash/update the S60 phones
If you accompany the software with devicelock autolock which doesn't reset on re-flash, then you're just fine. Or is the point having the phone on, so you can locate it instead of securing the data and as a bonus retrieving it if the thief is stupid?

cell-modem-ui: home | packages - status: 0.5.1-1 in Extras
nowplayingd: home | packages - status: 0.1-2 in extras-devel
custom-pwkmenu: home - no packages yet.

Posts: 387 | Thanked: 566 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Dublin
having the IMIE of your phone is handy if it gets stolen. flash it all you want then but here in ireland and in the UK all networks work together with reported IMIE's of stolen phones for tracking for the police

Posts: 305 | Thanked: 71 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ 'Nam
A progam like sprite termanator would be great. When you lose your phone or it's stoen you can send commands to your phone to lock it,wipe the sim card,master reset it,pull up the call log,and gps track it. One of the must have apps I had on all my htc phone for winmo

When the thief changes the sim card a popup should show up saying enter 0000(or some other code) to continue.Ok here is the twist- obviously the thief will enter this 0000 to continue...too bad he actually gave a command to fire up this program which wil collect all the necessary data.Where as the real owner should know the actual code to abort the initiallisation of this program. If both codes are wrong then you are stuck on the same window saying " Code error.please enter 0000" . The only downside of this is that the thief shouldnt be from this forum nor should his friend..lol.

Ok then ..now say he entered 0000.Next the screen should show up long loading screens.This should fool the thief to actually believe that its loading the desktop.where as in reality its collecting the data(new sim number,operator,gps location,*IMEI*) Even the the Nokia startup should be included to make it more believable.

It should play up a video like, first the nokia connecting people theme then some fake loading screens followed by something like welcome, perparing your desktop,please wait...etc

*IMEI because some people like me actually dont write down the IMEI no. This one is really important..esp.in UK.

Good Luck Guys.

The Following User Says Thank You to JR99 For This Useful Post:
I would like to have a simple application which can be turned on/off by executing (no options, no GUI) and which sleeps for 10 seconds after activation and then monitors the accelerometer until it will be turned off again. If the accelerometer detects movement for more than two seconds an alarm sound (maybe one of the preinstalled sounds) should be played after five seconds at the highest volume level. This could be handy when you have to charge the phone while you are sleeping / in another room and other people have access (e.g. travelling). If someone could tell me how to detect accelerometer movements over a given time and how to play a sound at the highest volume within a shell script I could write the rest of the script and release it here.

Did any of you see the Guardiun platinum application for S60?

That was a very cool application

- Password protected
- Remote control (via text message: GPS location, Loud Noise)
- Send text to a pre-determined number with insertion of unregistered SIM
- Remote deletion of contacts/texts

Its a great application and allows you to find your phone the moment its turned on.

Posts: 143 | Thanked: 57 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Stockholm, Sweden
I want this Guardian application for N900! I will be going back home to Pakistan for a few months and I am worried about getting it stolen.

I'm starting an own Anti-Theft solution. Anyone can contribute?

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to jozeph For This Useful Post:
Posts: 64 | Thanked: 21 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ New Zealand
I know how about a countdown when the thief pops his card in 10-9-8-7-6-5-4-3-2-1 then the phone goes semi Nuke and takes him out. Or just really badly disfigures his face and blows his hand off then if you ever come across someone with a melted face and one hand you can say, that will teach ya!