Posts: 19 | Thanked: 10 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Chesterfield, England
i think it stems back from the days when i had a SE P900, I found all sorts of uses for that stylus, very few of them actually do do with phone ;-)

Posts: 716 | Thanked: 303 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Sheffield, UK
Originally Posted by Brayo1971 View Post
i think it stems back from the days when i had a SE P900, I found all sorts of uses for that stylus, very few of them actually do do with phone ;-)
Ooooh ermmmm!

My Websites
CSD Projects - Flickr - UAE4Maemo (UAE4All Compatibility List)

Favourite N900 Applications
Picodrive - UAE4All

Please post your UAE4All compatibility reports. Even better, post them to my UAE4Maemo site!
Not sure how UAE4All works such as mouse emulation? Read the FAQ.

Posts: 155 | Thanked: 118 times | Joined on Jan 2008 @ Ontario, Canada
I found that if I stuck it (the stylus, folks) in my ear, I was able to remember where it was, but very little else.

Originally Posted by smarsh View Post
I found that if I stuck it (the stylus, folks) in my ear, I was able to remember where it was, but very little else.
And if you push it hard and wiggle it around a bit you fall over and don't get up.
Agro ... : |#---------] Relic(s) : N900, MacBookPro, NSLU2, N800, SheevaPlug, Eee-901, Core2-Quad, PS3
"In theory, theory and practice are the same. In practice, they're not."
--
Beware of extras-devel.

Originally Posted by fnordianslip View Post
And if you push it hard and wiggle it around a bit you fall over and don't get up.
You mean you can brick yourself by simply using Nokia stulys?

Surely reflashing will help?

The Following User Says Thank You to reviver For This Useful Post:
Posts: 2,050 | Thanked: 1,425 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Bucharest
Originally Posted by GameboyRMH View Post
The original Nintendo DS came with two styluses, isn't that nice?

When I get a pen stylus (as soon as somebody makes one) I'll hopefully still have my old one as a backup.
They make them. I can't tell if you're just joking, but someone has one in my office and it's pretty neat. It's quite slim and has 2 springloaded pen tips, just pull a small tab to switch between pen and stylus. Doesn't fit in the N900 slot tho.

Keep the forums clean: use "Thanks" button instead of the thank you post.

Posts: 226 | Thanked: 63 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Maldives
If only the stylus slot had a sensor to detect insert/removal, then we could have done something like notifying the user via LED or Vibra when the system goes to sleep.

Posts: 2,173 | Thanked: 2,678 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Cornwall, UK
I have found a useful workaraound for this is to file the fingernails on your dominant hand to a small point. These can be used instead of enabling the stylus at all, which will at least prevent you losing it. There is a question as to whether sharper fingernails should be installed by default on all n900 users. In this aspect, n900 is inferior to the iphone, which of course requires neither stylus nor nails. (But is useless in gloves)

Warning!!! Over sharpening your nails may cause serious bricking to your social life, nose interior or private parts (depending on what you do with your hand). Any user following this advice does so at your own risk.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to RevdKathy For This Useful Post: