Active Topics

Update went well and no problems so far

In Maps application the dot is dark red when the GPS is locked. Routing is also developed. No voice navigation

Good

Last edited by koivjann; 2010-01-14 at 14:18.

Posts: 909 | Thanked: 216 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Bremen, Germany
download was quite fast, but installation took around 15 to 20 minutes. i thought its stuck but it was progressing pixel for pixel.

now its done and to be honest, there isnt too much obvious difference to be seen. i just hope the overall performance has been improved.

also, special numbers still dont work (*100# for example, which german t-mobile prepaid-users use to check their left credit on the simcard)

Posts: 754 | Thanked: 630 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ London
Originally Posted by Snaps View Post
WTF, i select the update in app manager and it tells me:

WTF I thought its going to be done through the 3G internet?

HALP!!!!!!
apt-get dist-updgrade

try that as root, thats how i got the PR1.0.1

I get the same error as you through app store, so just in case you cant wait to find the reason

Posts: 162 | Thanked: 79 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Finland
The reason why you're told to update through NSU is because you don't have enough free space in your rootfs. Therefore try to uninstall some/all testing/devel applications and disable the repositories. Rebooting could also work.

Go to terminal and type in command "df -h". This shows how much rootfs free space you have.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to chainreaction For This Useful Post:
Posts: 2 | Thanked: 1 time | Joined on Jan 2010 @ the Netherlands
Originally Posted by Snaps View Post
WTF, i select the update in app manager and it tells me:

WTF I thought its going to be done through the 3G internet?

HALP!!!!!!

The problem could be that you don't have the previous update. Last week I installed the first small update, and today the new big update. All via the N900 and through the 3G internet. It all worked fine.

The Following User Says Thank You to Stefan- For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by chainreaction View Post
The reason why you're told to update through NSU is because you don't have enough free space in your rootfs. Therefore uninstall testing/devel applications and disable the repositories.

Go to terminal and type in command "df -h". This shows how much rootfs free space you have.
thanks but could you pls explain
how come the apt-get dist-updgrade is downloading the 90MB update.
just curious

Posts: 101 | Thanked: 129 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Los Angeles, CA
@krk969
dist-upgrade is the command of updating whole system which exactly what Application Manager update doing.

The Following User Says Thank You to bbns For This Useful Post:
Posts: 355 | Thanked: 245 times | Joined on Jul 2009 @ Northern VA
Whew...when downloading the update OTA it stopped at about 95% and said Downloading Maemo 5 failed. I freaked out, and I was ok give it on more shot, then it downloaded the remaining 5mb. Went thru installation process and installed fine! I'm guessing wifi dropped during download as Im on the far side of my office where signal isn't the strongest and my radio settings are turned down, but no problems, update went smooth. I am hoping that the WIFI bug is indeed fixed because I hate having to reboot everytime I disconnect or leave my office or home. Good job with the roll out Maemo team!

Posts: 114 | Thanked: 45 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Turin, Italy
Today I try to install the new firmware for the N900 (PR1.1), but it ask me to use the Nokia Software Update.
I search for it and obviously it is only for Windows, but I haven't Windows, only Linux. How can I update it? Am I obliged to use the flasher? Or there is some other solution?

Originally Posted by bbns View Post
@krk969
dist-upgrade is the command of updating whole system which exactly what Application Manager update doing.
yeah but my point is when i do it using the app manager it asks me to go through NSU but on the command line, apt-get is getting me the new firmware.

so how does no space , as somebody mentioned above, be the cause I was wondering.

Tags
extras-devel, firmware, firmware update, flasher, free space, fremantle, maemo, maemo 5, n900, n900 pr1.1, n900 pr1.1 update, nsu, ota, pr1.1, pr1.1 update, rootfs, ssu, update