Active Topics

Posts: 117 | Thanked: 18 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Edinburgh
App Manager tells me that 51.1 is available but that it can only be installed via NSU. NSU tells me that 44.1 is the latest version.

What??

Last edited by dmcconachie; 2010-01-14 at 19:29. Reason: Typo

Posts: 5,335 | Thanked: 8,187 times | Joined on Mar 2007 @ Pennsylvania, USA
The thread "update failed to fetch archives please help" with nine posts has been merged into this thread.

Posts: 1,034 | Thanked: 784 times | Joined on Dec 2007 @ Annapolis, MD
I needed to have 60MB of free space in the rootfs for the OTA update to work.

It was still prompting me to update over USB using NSU when I had 58.9MB of free space in the rootfs, so it's very important that you cross that magical 60MB of free space threshold.

Posts: 301 | Thanked: 227 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Turkey
Yay! They was already disabled, but after removal of libqt4-phonon, now its updating! Thanks a lot.

PS: So, DO NOT install Tickstill -or some app like that, which counts down/up- from Ovi Store if you want to get OTA. It uses phonon package.

To cddiede: I'm upgrading now with 49 megabytes free. So I dont think 60megs necessary.

Last edited by Aranel; 2010-01-14 at 19:24.

Flawless updates this week for me, stoked. Happily using mail for exchange 2003 today at work Yay ! Thank you Nokia, Maemo and all the people involved.

Originally Posted by Rob1n View Post
Try disabling the extras-devel and extras-testing and, if that doesn't help, uninstalling ioquake3 and OpenArena (if you have them installed). These can cause conflicts which prevent the OTA update from being able to run.
is this what caused people's handsets to crash/hang during the previous minor update where it would just stop at 1sec left.... ?

it tells you to update your n900 through NSU

Posts: 5,335 | Thanked: 8,187 times | Joined on Mar 2007 @ Pennsylvania, USA
The thread "51.1 Available or not??" with two posts has been merged into this thread.

im still weary about installing the new update until someone can assure me that it is safe and as to why the previous update hanged on people, an from what im reading some ppl are still having issues installing this firmware but nothing similar to the previous 1 where it just hanged at the last second!

Only 1 person replied and suggested to read all the threads but theres like 70 pages here already, thats a lot of reading to do! If u know the answer then just why not help me out by telling me?

I have no clue why r some of these guys going crazy & nuts to re-flash and flash or what not just to get this update..
HELLO PPL! RELAX ITS NOTHING NEW, UR FONE ISNT GONNA BE ANY DIFFERENT THE UPDATE".

by the way my file manager still shows every thing as duplicate, so no change.

Tags
extras-devel, firmware, firmware update, flasher, free space, fremantle, maemo, maemo 5, n900, n900 pr1.1, n900 pr1.1 update, nsu, ota, pr1.1, pr1.1 update, rootfs, ssu, update