Active Topics

Posts: 992 | Thanked: 995 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ California
Originally Posted by mivoligo View Post
Changing volume without unlocking the phone no longer works for me.
Wow! Never worked for me on previous release!

I still on 44-1 and I just checked - it doesn't work! How did you do it?

Posts: 116 | Thanked: 27 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Leeds, UK
Nope, it worked absolutely fine before todays update. Leaving it to buffer does nothing. Its very strange, as all media files on the device play perfectly.

Posts: 61 | Thanked: 60 times | Joined on Jul 2007 @ Erlangen
Originally Posted by greygoo View Post
1. theme mixup.
I can confirm that after the update I had the blue default theme icons mixed with the previously configured nature theme (the seconde theme that came preinstalled). Chossing the default theme and then the other one solved the problem.

2. increased cpu usage.
This problem also appared for me. I had the load applet installed which showed regular appearing full CPU usage. The whole interface got really slow while these phases.
This problem also was visible in the drasticly decreased battery life of 4h

I upgraded to the new upgrade now and then problem seems to have disappeared.

3. touchscreen unresponsive.
That is the most annoying problem. Quite often it is not possible to start an application by touching it or even get to the overview of running apps. Touching the respective icons shows them getting activated but then the phone seems to get stuck. E.g. touching the back item in any running app turns the icon active (inverted blue in default theme) and then it stays that way and nothing happens. Using the screen lock switch on the side twice then finishes the action e,g.
Also this disables leaving a open dialog window by touching the blurry area.

After the problem remained with the newer upgrade from today I now removed the display protector. Since then the touch issue has disappeared, so I'm pretty sure it was unrelated to the upgrade.

I reflashed the phone with
RX-51_2009SE_1.2009.42-11_PR_COMBINED_MR0_ARM.bin
which removed the problems again.

Now i just installed the update again and after that problem 1 and 2 seem not to reappear. However, problem 3 just happened again, but it seems not that often as after the first update. I'll use the phone now for a day to see how annoying it gets and then might go back to the original firmware to check that there it again works fine to rule out any hardware defect (to be honest i kind of suspect the display protection to maybe have some influence, but before i scratch it off again I'll wait for maybe some more feedback here)
nnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn

Posts: 385 | Thanked: 344 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Israel
Problem with on screen keyboard & foreign language:

http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=40552

Posts: 103 | Thanked: 120 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ London
Originally Posted by egoshin View Post
Wow! Never worked for me on previous release!

I still on 44-1 and I just checked - it doesn't work! How did you do it?
- Play a music file in Media Player
- Lock the phone with the slider
- When phone is locked, press the power button so that the "Swipe to unlock" screen displays
- Use the volume buttons. You should be able to adjust the volume without having to actually unlock the phone.

It's effectively gone in the PR 1.1 firmware. A real bummer, especially if you have a lock code.

The Following User Says Thank You to mehdiE For This Useful Post:
Posts: 992 | Thanked: 995 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ California
Originally Posted by greygoo View Post
2. increased cpu usage.
This problem also appared for me. I had the load applet installed which showed regular appearing full CPU usage. The whole interface got really slow while these phases.
This problem also was visible in the drasticly decreased battery life of 4h
I think that will go away after tracker passes all music/video files - it takes time.

Posts: 119 | Thanked: 110 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Prague
mivoligo, slender, mehdiE, I filled a bug for this: https://bugs.maemo.org/show_bug.cgi?id=8012 ... very unpleasant (as many things in this update) ;-(

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to andree For This Useful Post:
Posts: 161 | Thanked: 209 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Edinburgh
Volume key bug report: https://bugs.maemo.org/show_bug.cgi?id=8011
Please vote.

Posts: 40 | Thanked: 18 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Sydney AU
Originally Posted by pycage View Post
I don't see any decrease in battery life. I have the impression that it lasts slightly longer now.
I'm finding the same re battery. And no other issues so far.

Posts: 90 | Thanked: 33 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ the netherlands
Originally Posted by Laughing Man View Post
Since updating firmware I have had two random issues so far. I was wondering if anyone could confirm before I put it on bugzilla

1) N900 was on charger, I powered off and it locked up. Had to pull battery to reset it. I need to test this once home

2) N900 can't activate phone component nor connect to TMobile after being put in offline mode and back into Normal. Worked fine the first time. when I got out of my 2nd class I couldn't get it to turn on and it eventually locked up requiring a battery pull
Sounds like what I had while updating:
i quote myself from another post here:
"I updated via WIFI with it charging via USB.
If you experience a very slow and almost non-responding Maemo after the first restart, just relax.
At least, after I rebooted another time the N900 came out snappier than before"

I also noticed, now you bring it up, it was in offline mode.
I could make it shut down after a great deal of time, or maybe I thought I was and the N900 had reset itself.
but after it came back on It was all ok.
Maybe it wants to do some last configuration work?
maybe removing the battery disturbed that proces.

but then again, if that's the case, it would be neat to state something like "Hands off".

Tags
shitware