am not sure if this was raised before but them MFE doesn't allow to add a calendar invite and from the calendar application there's no such option.

how are we supposed to create a meeting and then invite somone to it? previously N97 had at least the option of sending it as an sms.

The Following User Says Thank You to ralnaghi For This Useful Post:
CAN some one please post the settings for MFE for exchange 2003 on the n900.

I am having trouble receiving emails.

After the PR1.1 upgrade can I get email notifications for incoming emails ?
right now I am not getting any notifications until I sync up.

Also, all "accept" responses to meeting invitations seem to have Recepient Field empty.

Please HELP!!!

maemosub

Posts: 31 | Thanked: 14 times | Joined on Feb 2009 @ Sarajevo, Bosnia
Originally Posted by ralnaghi View Post
am not sure if this was raised before but them MFE doesn't allow to add a calendar invite and from the calendar application there's no such option.

how are we supposed to create a meeting and then invite somone to it? previously N97 had at least the option of sending it as an sms.
Why is feature XXX present in MfE for S60 but not for the N900?

so i updated my N900 to the new firmware ... now i'm curious how the exchange server 2003 has to be configured to get MfE working?
we're running Exchange 2003 SP2, there are no mobile services yet configured (tried with colleague's iphone, doesn't work either ...) ... we can access via Webaccess, but that's it ...

on the n900 i'm getting the infamous "requires secure connection or account disabled" message ... the certificate from webmail is installed on device for email (and is shown in the certificate manager)

So maybe there's a tutorial somewhere out there? would be much appreciated ;o)

Last edited by sil; 2010-01-15 at 10:01.

Originally Posted by sil View Post
... the certificate from webmail is installed on device for email (and is shown in the certificate manager)
The certificate has to be installed as a Server certificate, not as an e-mail certificate (as you are certifing a server, not an e-mail message).

Originally Posted by papo View Post
Hello Vitaly

First of all, let me thank you for your efforts; I have been monitoring this thread while waiting for the new firmware. You seem to invest a lot of passion and it has to be mentioned that this is much appreciated! I reported bug 7513 because the sync process failed even though we are running Exchange 2007. It works properly now, thank you!

Matt
We had also an issue with the out-of-the-box firmware. Now with PR1.1 we can properly sync with Exchange 2007!

Now for the wishlist of much needed additional functionality for MfE:
- Calendar Appointment participant list (now you cannot see who are participants of an appointment)
- Accept / Tentative / Decline / Propose new time replies for Appointments
- Support for Private / Public Appointments

The Following User Says Thank You to IlkkaP For This Useful Post:
New email notification still leads to a blank email instead of the new one

Originally Posted by IlkkaP View Post
The certificate has to be installed as a Server certificate, not as an e-mail certificate (as you are certifing a server, not an e-mail message).
thanks, will try that!

Edit: installed as server-certificate, still the same error message ... connected via Wifi, so firewall-settings do not apply

2nd edit: so now i added the certificate exported from Internet Explorer (first one was the one i created for webaccess) and got one step further ...
selected "synchronise emails" and then i get "Error communication with Exchange server"
but at least it's a new problem ;o)

Last edited by sil; 2010-01-15 at 11:07.

Originally Posted by Zhentar View Post
What, exactly, are you trying to accomplish? Internet/Data connections work totally different on Maemo as compared to S60, so more or less what you are asking is not possible, but I can't imagine why you would need to do it.
Our exchange server is only accessible via a corporate packet data connection, not a public one, so I need to be able to add this like you can do with S60.

according to this link i asked our admin to set the exchnage server to the right settings but they already were like this.

when i try to open the downloaded certificate from documents with certificate-manager there is no option to install it, i only get details on it.

after reading the wiki page from vitaly i googled how to install a self-signed certificate on n900 but all i get were threads on the nokia forum with people having the same problem.. also the linked pages to this forum couldnt solve the problem that the certificate is not listed in the certificate-manager and as i already said i dont have the option to install it.

when i browse to the http-frontend of the exchange server on the device i get a message that the site is trusted and can login..

so i guess its the problem with the non-listed certificate in the manager. can anybody please tell me how i can install it ?

Tags
activesync, certificate, email, exchange, fremantle, ignore tex14, maemo 5, mail for exchange, mfe, n900, provisioning, sync, thanks vitaly!