Active Topics

Posts: 4,365 | Thanked: 2,467 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Australia Mate
Originally Posted by Magel282 View Post
As I mentioned a few posts ago the N900 works just fine with 3 here in Australia. I use it with the X-Series Ultimate I think it's called. If you would like to know for sure just take your phone into 3 and they will test it with the store simcard .
or if u have the sim, chuck it in and try it..... oh thats if u have a n900 when i frist got mine, vodafone didnt work, so i tried telstra.. i was thinking i was going to have to sell it! but then i tried voda again and it worked??? but like i said earlier the mic didnt work which just made things worse.........

Posts: 113 | Thanked: 54 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Australia
Originally Posted by f2thak View Post
or if u have the sim, chuck it in and try it..... oh thats if u have a n900 when i frist got mine, vodafone didnt work, so i tried telstra.. i was thinking i was going to have to sell it! but then i tried voda again and it worked??? but like i said earlier the mic didnt work which just made things worse.........
Interesting that voda decided to work second time round, maybe the simcard wasn't contacting correctly first time round. Have'nt had any trouble with my simcard so far thankfully. Just hoping my usb jack doesn't get ripped out like a few other unlucky users on this forum.

Just did the speed test from the phones browser then, hald half reception and got 1.35MBs down and 180KBs up.

Posts: 579 | Thanked: 286 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Australia
well i think i was one of the first people in australia to have this phone. got it 4 days after release date. so far i have had no problems at all with the phone. works amazing with optus.

Im in Aus too, had mine for about a month now with no real problems, except I cant send any emails, changed all the settings, email in fine, none out

Posts: 113 | Thanked: 54 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Australia
Originally Posted by cre8web View Post
Im in Aus too, had mine for about a month now with no real problems, except I cant send any emails, changed all the settings, email in fine, none out
Took a while to get out going emails working for me to. I am using IMAP for my incoming emails but the only outgoing protocol that would work is SMTP. Same outgoing address just different ports.

Just wanted to say hi from another satisified aussie N900 user. Using 3 (seems to be quite popular here) mobile and have a few apps installed, GPS functionality and wfi works an absolute treat. Had mine for a couple of days with no problems. Ordered from Mobicity, prompt delivery, great customer service.

Last edited by Mythril; 2010-01-08 at 14:18.

Posts: 36 | Thanked: 13 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Australia
hey guys! another aussie N900 owner here! just got mine 2 days ago from the US, just in time for the updates!

i gotta say, what a phone! i havent stopped mucking around with it since i got it

Posts: 38 | Thanked: 41 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Australia
Yeah it's a goldmine, the deeper you dig into the N900, the further you want to go!

The thing has barely left my hands since it arrived.

Posts: 27 | Thanked: 2 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Sydney, Australia
dont suppose anyones got fmms working with optus?

Posts: 78 | Thanked: 15 times | Joined on Aug 2009 @ Melbourne
hooo there is an aussie thread??? a happy N900 user here.. =) recommend price USA for ordering =)

Useful links for newcomers: New members say hello , New users start here, Community subforum, Beginners' wiki page, Maemo5 101, Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)

If I can help with anything else, just ask!