Active Topics

Posts: 4,274 | Thanked: 5,358 times | Joined on Sep 2007 @ Looking at y'all and sighing
Originally Posted by msa View Post
there is an "Ovi"-entry in the cataloge-list of the app-manager :O

apparently, it does show stuff from the ovi-store.
Packages from the Ovi Store have their category set to user/hidden which means Application Manager will not show them in the available packages list. The only time you'll be able to see them is if there is an update available.

...sjgadsby was faster on the trigger

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to qwerty12 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 909 | Thanked: 216 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Bremen, Germany

i feel humiliated now.

Posts: 22 | Thanked: 10 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Atlanta, GA
An RSS feed for new additions at the Ovi Store would be a great way to keep users informed of what's available...

The Following User Says Thank You to brbrbrad For This Useful Post:
Posts: 86 | Thanked: 28 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ That beer and prezels country in Europe -_-
- nevermind -

Last edited by Renkon; 2010-01-16 at 15:07.

Posts: 173 | Thanked: 160 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ London, UK
Originally Posted by NvyUs View Post
yea only solution is scrolling to bottom of web page and sorting by new to oldest.
I wonder if anything like this would be possible like it is for app watching on app store.
it pulls data of newest games and price drops.
http://toucharcade.com/newest-iphone-games/
This is extremely annoying as that preference is lost every time you switch categories. This was the biggest bug in the S60 ovi
app too

The Following User Says Thank You to damion For This Useful Post:
Posts: 739 | Thanked: 242 times | Joined on Sep 2007 @ Montreal
Well, the deb are visible through apt-cache search, probably why people thought that the angrybirds level expansion were "secure"... :-)

I guess just like people think flash is secure because it's binary, security is a hard concept ;-)

Posts: 739 | Thanked: 242 times | Joined on Sep 2007 @ Montreal
Talking about which, it's impossible to fill a bug report for OVI store apps on:
https://bugs.maemo.org/enter_bug.cgi...ication=Extras

or any other place, there is no category for the apps and unless i'm blind (which is possible this early on a weekend haha) I don't know where to report backgammon's multiple bugs besides righting directly to OFFSCR... any ideas? Quim? :-)

EDIT: And info@offscr.com bounces and doesn't work (listed on their site) wow!

Last edited by R-R; 2010-01-16 at 15:53.

Posts: 3,319 | Thanked: 5,610 times | Joined on Aug 2008 @ Finland
Just ran across this thread... So, to let you know, there is a simple solution of the OP problem - AppWatch. It's extras-devel for now, but it was created to monitor repositories, and Ovi is, after all, just another repository. The currently available version in Extras-devel sadly does not know about Ovi yet, but I have added it to the sources already, and will check back here when a new version hits extras-devel.

The Following User Says Thank You to attila77 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 2,173 | Thanked: 2,678 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Cornwall, UK
Originally Posted by attila77 View Post
Just ran across this thread... So, to let you know, there is a simple solution of the OP problem - AppWatch. It's extras-devel for now, but it was created to monitor repositories, and Ovi is, after all, just another repository. The currently available version in Extras-devel sadly does not know about Ovi yet, but I have added it to the sources already, and will check back here when a new version hits extras-devel.
Please do! That's exactly what I need. Right now I check the Maemo-extras and ovi every couple of days for new items. If I want stuff from testing or devel, I enable them specifically. But something to follow extras and ovi would be great.