Active Topics

Posts: 69 | Thanked: 23 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ London
Just thought I would drop in my quick review of the Clarivue screen protector (privacy edition) I ordered.

It's been on my phone for the last 48 hours and I'd say it has several points for and against its purchase.

It fits very snuggly indeed, it does apparently leave residue when removing but it certainly didn't look or feel that way whilst fitting it.
It went on very easily and no bubbles were left straight after application let alone waiting 10 or so hours. It's texture is certainly noticeable when sliding your finger over the screen but doesn't interfere with the operating or sensitivity of the device.
A big plus for me is its thickness raises the screen to the level of the bezel giving the N900 a much more complete feel to the screen.

Right, the main privacy element.. I'll cut to the point - I shouldn't have brought this version and I will be buying the Ultra-Clear instead. Frankly it annoys me.
Firstly, the screen provides privacy front to back and not side to side (when in landscape) which negates my main reason for purchasing (using on the tube without others sat along side being able to constantly watch over).
Don't get me wrong, it does work very very well and provides a very tight field of view (just in the wrong directions for me!).
The lined texture within the screen enabling its privacy function are spaced about 0.5mm to 1mm apart giving everything on the screen a very 'brushed metal' appearance. Very cool to start until you spend some time reading websites - then it just irritates. It also forces you to up the brightness of the screen to compensate for the filter.

Anyway to sum up - if you NEED a privacy filter, it is excellent. If you don't, then get the normal edition!

The Following User Says Thank You to Blobster2k For This Useful Post:
Posts: 288 | Thanked: 196 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ London
My n900 flew out of my shirt pocket and bang on the kitchen floor (hard ceramic tiled) but yet escaped with just a hardly noticeable scratch on its back cover. Yet another reason I trust Nokia despite the silly hype over eye candy lightweights out there. The n900 is a tried and trusted vintage Nokia build.

but then again, dont want to take chances so getting a protector.

Posts: 67 | Thanked: 7 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Netherlands
also dropped mine on the street(:O).
but the metal edge on the side of the screen works a bit as a protector too. because my screen only has 2 very tiny very unnoticable scratches but the metal edge is quite ****ed up.

Posts: 2,142 | Thanked: 2,054 times | Joined on Dec 2006 @ Sicily
My PdAir, book-type case, is detailed in the attached photos. Adds bulk but adds also protection and the plastic sheet covering the keyboard doesn't bother me at all.
Attached Images

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to debernardis For This Useful Post:
I've put in a review here on the Noreve tradition case for the n900. I also heard that there might be a new model coming up.

Nokia n900: Leathered

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to di1in For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by ahmadka View Post
Reposting my earlier post .. can someone please comment on this .. ?
I bought one of the lambskin cases for the n900. I got the black one.

My thoughts when I first opened the it was, Whoa! It's really thin. When the ad says 1mm, it really is 1mm. But it was buttery soft, very, very soft lambskin leather.

Then when I tried it on my phone, the fit was very snug. I had a hard time getting my n900 in and out of the case. But after a day or two, it loosened. Now, it fits perfectly. Although, I use a cellphone strap to pull out the phone from the case. Its hard to hold on to the n900 itself and pull it out of the case. And since I use that end to pull out the phone, I cannot use the headphone jack while the phone is in the case. However, I can still charge it though.

To sum it up, the good things I like about this case are:
1. Its thinness - it does not add the much bulk to the phone.
2. velvet lining - does not scratch the phone.
3. buttery soft leather
4. perfect fit (after a day or two of being used)

hope that helps

Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
This review of my N900 case is especially of interest to people from Switzerland and Germany, since I ordered from a Swiss website: http://www.handysocken.ch. The site is in German but they do ship globally.

I can absolutely recommend the Melduro cases! The cool thing about them is that they are tailor-made specifically for your phone so the fit is perfect. You can even add custom options like microfiber on the inside and stitching color.

I just wanted a light case (since the phone is already pretty big) so the N900 doesn't get scratched in my pocket or bag. Also, it had to be a vertical case since I still want access to the headphone jack and listen to music (so the official Nokia case was a no go for me). Finally, I ordered the Melduro Approval case because it looks elegant yet it doesn't attract attention (and screams out: expensive phone!). The customer service was great and the case is really a snug fit with high quality workmanship and materials. I am absolutely happy with it! The only people that I cannot recommend these cases to are those who want something that the phone stays in even while you are using it.

Last edited by sgleo87; 2010-01-17 at 20:53.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to For This Useful Post:
Regarding the PDair cases, does the plastic keyboard covering loosen the slider? What I mean is I wouldn't want the slider to have gotten loose/wobblier if I stop using the PDair case.

Posts: 2,142 | Thanked: 2,054 times | Joined on Dec 2006 @ Sicily
Originally Posted by davetech View Post
Regarding the PDair cases, does the plastic keyboard covering loosen the slider? What I mean is I wouldn't want the slider to have gotten loose/wobblier if I stop using the PDair case.
Not in my case

How durable is the Invisible Shield full body protector? If I use that in conjunction with something like the previously mentioned sheepskin pouch or belt holster, will the IS protector rub off over time?

Tags
accessories, accessory, case, gear, holster, n900, pouch, protection, screen protector