Active Topics

There is no IMAP IDLE anyways so if you need push you are stuck to Nokia Messaging.

Originally Posted by Saturn View Post
You don't need to use nokia messaging. As soon as the search finishes press the "region", choose your country, then press the "service provider" tab and scroll down till you find gmail.

Continue by setting your user details/info.

Check also here: http://wiki.maemo.org/Email#Desktop_..._e-mail_client

Hope it's useful.

Originally Posted by qhorse View Post
Thanks for this workaround but that's just what it is, a workaround. It is just not convenient at all to do all these steps if you have to add several (or even one for that matter) of your colleagues is the CC field.
I agree on what you say. I suppose this was a "quick-fix" and they will integrate it better with user interface in the next maintenance release. It should work something like this:

1. Select Contacts
2. Select Company Address Book tab
3. Enter name and press search
4a. If making a call, select a contact and then select a phone number to call
4b. If composing a message, select a contact to add his e-maill address to the address field and return to the address field

I really hope that Vitaly manages to convince the other of implementing this correclty.
I believe Nokia has understood importance of Mail for Exchange support.

Posts: 1,648 | Thanked: 2,122 times | Joined on Mar 2007 @ UNKLE's Never Never Land
Originally Posted by arkanoid View Post
There is no IMAP IDLE anyways so if you need push you are stuck to Nokia Messaging.
Yes the reason from the bugzilla comment was: "IMAP IDLE was disabled for power management reasons.". Read and vote here if you want: https://bugs.maemo.org/show_bug.cgi?id=3888

In any case, it's off topic since this is again a problem of Modest (or better tiny-mail) and not MfE.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Saturn For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,648 | Thanked: 2,122 times | Joined on Mar 2007 @ UNKLE's Never Never Land
Hi vitaly_repin and THavoc,

Could the MfEfolders application be extended to give more advance settings for the syncronisation?

That is, I would like to choose from which folder to get the calendar, contacts, notes, and tasks. Outlook allows to have multiple of those.

The current implementation of MfE points to the default ones and doesn't give the ability to make a choice. If you prefer, I could raise an issue in the bugzilla for this.

Thanks.

Posts: 4 | Thanked: 1 time | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Esbjerg, Denmark
This subject has probably been discussed before, but I do not seem to find the answer - and if I do, the answers seem to be ambiguous, and therefore not precise enough for me to use.

I am getting an N900 on tuesday, and I depend on Google when it comes to mail, contacts and calendar. I am therefore using the exchange service for this purpose, resently both on iPhone, HD2 and a variety of different phones, where the compatability seem to be superb.

How well does this work on N900?
- Will exchange work with calender, mail and contacts?
- If not, is there any other solutions? (IMAP for mail and exchange for contacts and calendar?

I've currently got my calendar from google syncing with my phone really well. It was pretty easy to do with mail for exchange. Not sure about contacts or mail though, but I think you can do it.

Posts: 5,335 | Thanked: 8,187 times | Joined on Mar 2007 @ Pennsylvania, USA
The thread "google exchange" with two posts has been merged into this thread.

SonniBoy, please check the first post in this thread.

Originally Posted by sjgadsby View Post
The thread "google exchange" with two posts has been merged into this thread.

SonniBoy, please check the first post in this thread.
Thanks, did not find this threat.

But it does not answer my question specific, which I really need.

Or should this be understood as there is difficulties, with the compatability with MfE and N900? And if this is the case, I still do not get my question answered, as I can see some users have the calendar working with MfE, but problems with mail?

Posts: 3,617 | Thanked: 2,412 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Cambridge, UK
Originally Posted by SonniBoy View Post
Or should this be understood as there is difficulties, with the compatability with MfE and N900? And if this is the case, I still do not get my question answered, as I can see some users have the calendar working with MfE, but problems with mail?
The answer is that using MfE to synchronise with Google is not supported. It may or may not work, and if it does work, it may stop working at any time. There's ongoing work on third-party applications to get the calendar(s) synchronising with Google, but it still seems to be at a relatively early stage.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Rob1n For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Rob1n View Post
The answer is that using MfE to synchronise with Google is not supported. It may or may not work, and if it does work, it may stop working at any time. There's ongoing work on third-party applications to get the calendar(s) synchronising with Google, but it still seems to be at a relatively early stage.
Ok, I will then just keep my fingers crossed and hope.

Contacts and calender two-way synchronization is very important to me, and this could be a dealbreaker, if this doesnøt work.

I hope that IMAP works well enough, and i then can find a way to stay synchronized

Where can the development of a solution be followed?

Tags
activesync, certificate, email, exchange, fremantle, ignore tex14, maemo 5, mail for exchange, mfe, n900, provisioning, sync, thanks vitaly!